Wine drinkers

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm currently using a carafe like you would get at a restaurant. Holds a bottle of wine, and then some. (I think it holds around a liter.) I still don't think I'm getting the benefits I might get from something like what I linked to though. Thoughts?

BTW - There's only 6 left in stock, so I'll be pissed if it gets sold out because of this thread. :lmao:

Well, I drink wine, but... it goes faster than I could put it into a decanter, so I am NO help what-so-ever.

I drink A LOT of wine!! lol
We bought this about a year ago.
Amazon.com: Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator: Kitchen & Dining

We would try to guess which glass of wine it was used on.....lol
We pretty much were always wrong! We tried and tried but I don't think we ever noticed a difference. Maybe my $10-$15 bottle of wine is too cheap...lol You need like a $100 bottle.

I don't decanter myself. I let the red wine breathe on its own. Fact of the matter, the bottle will not see the light of the next day.

Surely you can't drink a bottle that fast...lol.

The "test" I have heard about is to pour a glass from the bottle, then pour the rest of the bottle in the decanter. Pour a second glass from the decanter. Supposedly, the one from the decanter should taste better.

Yeah....who are these people that don't finish a bottle?!!

I drink A LOT of wine!! lol
We bought this about a year ago.
Amazon.com: Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator: Kitchen & Dining

We would try to guess which glass of wine it was used on.....lol
We pretty much were always wrong! We tried and tried but I don't think we ever noticed a difference. Maybe my $10-$15 bottle of wine is too cheap...lol You need like a $100 bottle.
Damnit. I guess my wife was right. I'll keep using my $3 carafe then...

Yep, open bottle... pour into a glass that holds a whole bottle of wine. The end.

Yep, open bottle... pour into a glass that holds a whole bottle of wine. The end.
Pretty much how I do it now, except that I pour it into smaller glasses (from the carafe) to drink out of. I have drank straight from the bottle on occasion though...

It doesn't hurt to have one, you may not notice it with all bottles but some truly are better when given a chance to "open up".

Plus, it has a built in excuse "well, we poured it all in the decanter, might as well drink it all"

Speaking of wines......I've started to get into Port wines w/ a piece of dark chocolate!! Yum!

Drinking a Molson Canadian right now......yum!

Most reactions

Back