Winston

I like the first one, the expression is brooding and complicated, but the position of the hands seems a bit awkward, and I'm not sure I like the shadow of the dreds on his face. Now on the second one you really brought out his musculature, and the flying dredlock in the back is kind of interesting.

In both cases though, I might suggest bringing him away from the background a bit to put it out of focus (we can see some wrinkles ... and footprints? ... in it). One thing I've done w my self portraits is to put a speed light or something behind me pointing straight at the BG surface to create a splashy halo of light behind the subject.

I like the first one, the expression is brooding and complicated, but the position of the hands seems a bit awkward, and I'm not sure I like the shadow of the dreds on his face. Now on the second one you really brought out his musculature, and the flying dredlock in the back is kind of interesting.

In both cases though, I might suggest bringing him away from the background a bit to put it out of focus (we can see some wrinkles ... and footprints? ... in it). One thing I've done w my self portraits is to put a speed light or something behind me pointing straight at the BG surface to create a splashy halo of light behind the subject.
hehe thanks...and yes they are footprints, it's foamboard...I'm not really a fan of the halo behind... but I agree the b/g was a little too close

I prefer the 2nd one because of the lighting on the face versus the chest area. The eyes define character better. In #1 I have to imagine more about what is going on but then again that could be the objective. Both are good but 2 is better (for me).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back