Winter Frost @ night

kanuski

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had a few days of beautiful frost this Christmas and the sky was a giant softbox for about a week. Yard lights helped with these images but the wb was tough to figure out. Any comments and/or mud throwing appreciated.
1. temp 8957, 33333 and 33333
270A5303.jpg 270A5303-2.jpg 270A5303-3.jpg
270A5514.jpg 270A5514-2.jpg
270A5502.jpg 270A5502-2.jpg
4. HDR version of #3
270A5504-Edit.jpg

In #s 3 & 4, where is the extra light coming from? If not for that, then this angle is a winner.

The middle image in the top is my favorite. Nicely done!

Jake

In #s 3 & 4, where is the extra light coming from? If not for that, then this angle is a winner.

To me that looks like a yard light. If so, and the OP has access to the switch, the solution would be simple. ;)

We had a few days of beautiful frost this Christmas and the sky was a giant softbox for about a week. Yard lights helped with these images but the wb was tough to figure out. Any comments and/or mud throwing appreciated.

the lighting is killing you in all of them. Composition is good to excellent. The first couple night shots look as if the main light is incandescent headlights on a vehicle, and then you painted some of the scene with a high power LED spotlight. The yard light(?) in the last three destroys the shot. Find the switch, and click it! ;) If you had all the interior lights on in the house and no yard light, I think you'd have a winner

The light on the last three is from a LED yard light. I could have turned it off but I was trying to show the frost on the trees. I actually brighten the trees in LR because I thought they were too dark.

I had increased the highlights but didn't think they were too hot. This one is cropped and converted to jpg with some sharpening. Otherwise SOOC.
270A5509-2.jpg

This is more what I was trying to describe. Nothing more than LR reduce shadows,black and saturation. touch up clarity, and contrast. dead simple. notice the huge amount of detail that was hidden in that black of the original.

orig-2.jpg

Most reactions

Back