Winter Walk to School

Thanks Gary, Alice had a tough night but is resting nicely now, hopefully the worst is over for the little dear!

I'd be happy to share the details but I don't think the settings will make much sense ;)
Gear was my 60D with 18-200 Kit lens.
Shot was taken from a moving vehicle.
Camera settings: 1/60 F10 ISO1000

The settings seem a little ... odd yes? lol Well there is a reason, when we drive I shoot from the vehicle with slow shutter speeds and higher Fstops for my Fine Art in Motion set, if we had stopped I certainly would have drawn the little fella's attention and risked disrespecting him by taking his picture as he "posed" which is bad when shooting Mennonites since it creates a "graven image". If I was taking this shot from a standstill or had time to change up my settings I would have done things a little differently but alas I work with what I have at the time and panned quite effectively to compensate.

Gotta say I agree with everyone. Great shot.

Thanks fotomonkey :)

Judy is back... Perfect. :icon_thumbsup:

This is such a fantastic shot.

It has a "classic" feel to it, very nice composition.

Thank you Seadawg :)

first of all, I have thought that you should make the road in front of her longer than the road behind her. but a moment later,I got that your pic told me that she had walked a long distance!
nice pic!

Thanks so much all! Woodsman, perrrrfect! Mingxuan, welcome to the forum and thank you!
Lenny! Aw thanks hon! :hugs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back