What's new

Winter Water Landscapes

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The other day I mounted my old 50mm using my FD adapter and played around with it's super shallow DOF and some water. I really liked the colours and the softness to these.

Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking a look :)
























 
#1 and #2 are not working for me, the colours are to "deep", and the highlight is a bit distracting.
Add "Wire-E" in a boat to these and spice 'em up ;)

Whereas, the third one is quite dreamy - great hues and pastel shades, with just enough happening in the middle to hold my attention.
The echo of pink at the bottom edge adds a lot for me.
 
I actually like #1 for exactly the reasons Rob doesn't, but yeah, we need to see Wire E. (does he buy his stuff from Acme?)
 
Thanks guys! I like that you like different things about these :)

As for Wire E., he is outside feeding the birds ;)
 
iPod pic to prove its happening :p



$image-2701958850.webp
 
Coffee time bump ;)
 
Rabbit babe, the only one that really works for me is the last one. The first 2 have light spots that distract my eye. They are probably pretty easy to get rid of. The last one gives me the impression that I'm looking out a plane window at the cloud tops. It's a very nice minimalist shot.
 
Thanks Mishele, I think the biggest pull for me in the first two is the colours, there is something about that blue that just pulls me in. I can get on board with the reflections not being pulled off totally effectively, I think for them to feel right and not be a distraction there needs to be a source for the reflection at the top to balance it... perhaps I will play again today :)
 
#3 #3 #3 #3....but what is a FD adapter?
 
Thanks Ceeboy :)

FD to eos adapter for old Canon lenses. I had a couple old lenses kicking around and was getting itchy to play with something other than my 18-200. I didn't have the funds to get a new lens so grabbed the adapter for $40.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom