WOOD DUCKS ON THE TABLE

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
d2iwc1zntyufevmujlup3a_thumb_a025_fotor-jpg.223856

Wood Ducks On The Table ~ A day's bag limit o' wood ducks rests upon an old wooden table after a fine morning's hunt, awaiting the preparation needed for a wonderful feast to come

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

does anybody here want to see animals that have been killed in this forum?

Are people on this forum supportive of censorship? Are they supportive of individuals seeking to squash the first amendment rights of self expression? To prohibit expression is to deny freedom and in fact would kill art as we know it.l

Mike ☘️

Last edited:
As long as pics are marked NSFW or equivalent then people can move on the staff here will soon remove something that is not suitable.
Maybe if dead animals are in pic RK could be used in place of NSFW
Well that’s just my thoughts.

Are people on this forum supportive of censorship? Are they supportive of individuals seeking to squash the first amendment rights of self expression? To prohibit expression is to deny freedom and in fact would kill art as we know it.l

Mike ☘️
Hi Mike: first off, this is a private forum, so the use of the word "censorship" is a bit over the top.

We maintain a hidden forum for boudoir and nude images and, even there, require a NSFW disclaimer in the title. We regard this as a courtesy message, not censorship.

In the same vein, your image was reported to the moderating team for consideration of similar disclaimers. This is not unreasonable.

We will ask that you add a simple "warning, potentially graphic image" to your shots that include the results of your hunting. Obviously, this has no impact on the many images you show of your hunting dogs, pups and their training.

We ask this in the spirit of courtesy to your fellow TPF members, period. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

IMO an ethical, responsible hunter harvesting some wild birds is far, far less gruesome than the commercial meat industry that most of us, myself included, participate in when we buy a dismembered piece of styrofoam packed tortured animal that's been shipped to our local market.

Wildlife photography is full of predators and prey. Don't forget, cuisine photography is dead animals, too.

Food for thought.

IMO an ethical, responsible hunter harvesting some wild birds is far, far less gruesome than the commercial meat industry that most of us, myself included, participate in when we buy a dismembered piece of styrofoam packed tortured animal that's been shipped to our local market.

Wildlife photography is full of predators and prey. Don't forget, cuisine photography is dead animals, too.

Food for thought.

Zulu42,
Most eloquently stated and so very true.:icon_thumbsup:

Mike ☘️

I wouldn't want to see anyone's rights treaded on, that's why I mentioned another section for those kind of pics for this reason. I'm positive that everyone has seen dead animals, whether they be fresh or frozen so seeing another dead animal isn't the problem. The problem is they came here to see pics of animals that are alive and well, pics that induce happiness, not sadness and seeing that unexpectedly could've come as an unexpected shock to some. Personally, I can take looking at pictures of death, etc. and I've found that depending on the pics, I may need to prepare myself for what I'm about to see. Those pics didn't really bother me. I guess I feel I needed to speak for the silent majority.

I wouldn't want to see anyone's rights treaded on, that's why I mentioned another section for those kind of pics for this reason. I'm positive that everyone has seen dead animals, whether they be fresh or frozen so seeing another dead animal isn't the problem. The problem is they came here to see pics of animals that are alive and well, pics that induce happiness, not sadness and seeing that unexpectedly could've come as an unexpected shock to some. Personally, I can take looking at pictures of death, etc. and I've found that depending on the pics, I may need to prepare myself for what I'm about to see. Those pics didn't really bother me. I guess I feel I needed to speak for the silent majority.

few issues here.
first, people didnt come here to see pics of animals that were "alive and well" in particular.
this is a photo forum, not a pet/animal specific forum. people came here, to a generic photography forum, to see the various types of photography people do with a varied medium of subjects. thats why people come here.
second, im not sure you are in the majority there, silent or otherwise.
either way, the boss has spoken about some sort of warning in the title so the issue has been addressed.
politics are not allowed here so i expect that all further posts from all parties will strictly be about the photographic qualities of the picture.

the picture @Irishwhistler is amazing btw. the color pops really well. my only nitpic here would be the straight down angle of the shot. i think something shot a little lower might have worked a tad better. hard to tell without seeing it of course, so it could just be me.

@Irishwhistler being a lifelong hunter, I automatically assumed the title referred to the results of your hunt, and saw nothing wrong with the composition either, as mentioned above great color. Unfortunately the world that we grew up in has changed. People have become so far removed from their food, as Zulu mentioned with his Styrofoam, shrink wrapped packages, that they don't associate where it came from.

I think it is just sad to see something in such a beautiful photo "dead" .. Because i can imagine how awesome they were only a short time before .. i see it through a photo lens for its beauty.. dead is lifeless..

I think it is just sad to see something in such a beautiful photo "dead" .. Because i can imagine how awesome they were only a short time before .. i see it through a photo lens for its beauty.. dead is lifeless..
Dead is delicious

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back