Workflow help!

I never ever delete at an event. First, that is time wasted chimping when I should be doing something else... like taking pics.

Second, the camera viewfinder, and I do not care WHAT viewfinder you have, is not an accurate reproduction. It may be darker, lighter, more or less blurred. I never rely on hte viewfinder to make a decision on what pic to delete.

Third, to make a decision in under 1-2 seconds if a pic is a keeper or not... bad move. Unless it is something like a totally black frame, it should be given the FULL attention it deserves... even then, at the event is not the time. At home, relaxed, we go through them. This process is called CULLING and what it is done at that point in the process.

Almost always I only delete a picture if the composition is wrong, I missed [obvious] focus, frame is way too dark or overexposed etc.

Pretty much I only delete the pictures if I know that it is simply wrong.

I only delete pictures during intermission or between events, never during events. Are you crazy!!?!?!

Is your monitor calibrated? If so, you *should* be using it. If it is not... it should be calibrated. ;)

I'm still confused. If I ignore the color profile on my monitor, the colors are correct, however if I use the profile, the colors are wrong. What gives? Can't I just continue ignoring the profile? The colors are what I desire no matter what PC/mac I view the pictures on.

What gives? Windows colour profiles are setup incorrectly. Photoshop and Lightroom by default take the colour profile that is given in the Colour Management tab in the display options. Ignoring the colour profile is the same as loading sRGB as the default output device, which for 99% of the monitors is the normal behaviour anyway.

When you don't ignore the profile, what does it come up with? Under Edit -> Colour Settings -> click the RGB dropdown and see what it says next to Monitor RGB. This should either be sRGB or blank for uncalibrated monitor, or the actual profile of your monitor if you have one. If it's loading one incorrectly, then remove the colour profile from the windows colour management settings in the control panel.

If you decide to just stick with Bridge for the time being since you have it already, it doesn't seem to hard to learn. I just got CS4 this past weekened and am using this book to learn Bridge and CS4:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Digital-Photographers-Voices-Matter/dp/0321580095/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239123557&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter): Scott Kelby: Books[/ame]

Scott Kelby is a great instructional writer. He writes in a way that is so easy to understand and learn from.
You don't have to manually import files and export to two hard drives, Bridge does this automatically. To export to two hard drives, it's a matter of checking a box in Bridge. And you don't have to open every picture individually, you can view them all in Bridge as well.
Take the time to learn it, it will streamline your workflow.
I understand being busy with life but you are using up so much time doing it the way you are. It will take less time to just learn to use it properly, and after that you will spend 1/4 of the time doing what you do now!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back