Working Self "Portrait" C&C

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really like what I achieved here. I feel it has some drama. But I am biased. I tried taking pics while I worked today, which was difficult with a 2 second timer.

I am really anxious to hear what others think.

4488687790_914a697d4e_o.jpg

this is good...i wish the complete picture would have been all focused

this is a very interesting picture, i enjoy the blur of the hammer, adding some action into the photo. what exactly are you doing in this photo?

Why only the 2 second timer? Can you not change it? I know you shoot a Canon, but I'll be mature and refrain from making a joke:lol:

I think it tells a story well, beyond just the obvious of what is happening at the moment the photo was taken.

I like it a lot, I wish that the only blur was in the hammer and the other hand was more in focus. really neat though

I like this! and I like how it shows the motion of the hammer too!! :)

I like this because of the what the finger tips have to say, however I would have liked to have seen the thumb and index fingers a little more focused to draw the viewer closer to the roughness of the finger tips.

Just my two cents--I'm just a newb photographer. ;)

Thanks for the responses. :thumbup:

So, you are all more interested in the nasty fingers. :p
I'll tell you my reasoning for this image now. I placed the focal point at the focus of the energy from the hammer, and the worker. I wanted you to see how I see. That I am intently concentrating on the impact of the small tool on the ring, or more precisely the prong I am tightening down to set a stone.

4488811286_0468813ebd_o.jpg

I like what you were going for. The hammer doesn't come off so much as motion blur as camera shake to me..it needs a smidge more blur...and those finger tips are crying for focus.

I really like both of them. I think the DOF is perfect on both and i like how the hammer is a little blurry in the first. It adds some movement to it. Good job.

I too am loving those dirty fingers..makes me think of my coal miner dad! I love when a photo makes me feel something that has nothing at all to do with the actual subject.

I like the first one better compositionally, but I do like the focus and desaturated color of the second one...both very nice shots.

I think you need to wash your hands and put some lotion on them ;)

Other than that I like them though ;)

:gun:

Most reactions

Back