Kansasdude, your pun is pardoned.
Whoever wanted more blur on the hammer...I do have a shot with more blur, but you really lose what it is.
bradleypics, being a jeweler is a very dirty job.
Sarah, Sunny, I hate lotion. I hate the feel of it on my skin and I want to wash it off immediately. Also, I can't hold tools, and control them if they are greasy. I wash my hands constantly, because I am very tactile. The dirt from sanding and polishing metal get way deep in the finger print and cracks, cuts, and abrasions, that it doesn't easily wash off.
Dom, c. cloud, yeah, I am dissapointed. I see what you are saying. I really thought about this and thought I pulled off my concept quite well, but I realize once you get a human part in the image, that kinda takes over. When I get a chance, I will definately reshoot this and work on the focal plane to include my fingers.
Honestly I should have realised this myself. I took some pics of other work processes, but my hands are farther away from the action, and I thought they were kinda boring. Duh.:er: Art is hard work!