World Cup

you get that kind of personal banter between players all the time in football..... its just how you handle it...... but i guess sometimes its too personal,... like that time when eric cantona jump kicked that guy in the crowd....... Hmmm another frenchman too.......... interesting :greenpbl: :mrgreen:

The whole Zidane thing has got to be one of the weirdest things to happen in a World Cup final...who does **** like tha? I wonder what the Italian guy said to him...

I think i'm the only one who likes penalty kicks, I love them. I would watch them all day if I could.

3am : Just got home from the game... Italy did win indeed.. and zidane finished his last game with a red card

yeh wtf happened with poor zidane?

anywy im too dead tired.. have to wake up in 4 hours for work... :lovey: .. cya

neverthless.... for me the wc ended yesterday with germany winning.. what a game! wooow :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :wav: that was some game!

I was sort of rooting for France until Zidane's uncalled outburst. What a lack of class! And an idiot, twice! One, there were about 10 minutes left, he could have helped score. Two, he took himself out of the PKs. Who knows, France might have won if it wasn't up to that classless act by Zidane.

Happy for Italy though, they didn't play as well as I was expecting but held on to the tie, looked tired but managed to score the PKs when it was needed.

Bravo Italy! Forza Italia!!!

I'm proud of America for dropping out early so that Italy and France did not have to deal with a superpower in the later rounds.

Archangel said:
you get that kind of personal banter between players all the time in football..... its just how you handle it...... but i guess sometimes its too personal,... like that time when eric cantona jump kicked that guy in the crowd....... Hmmm another frenchman too.......... interesting :greenpbl: :mrgreen:

As Martin O'Neill said after the match. Players say things to wind each other up every few sec9nds during a game ... it's part of the mind play of the game ... It happens in Rugby, Cricket and boxing and loads of other sports ... but What Zidaine did was unforgivable. Millions of children all over the world were tuned in to thair TV to watch the game and will watch that and emulate it .. like kids are now in school playgrounds. Only last week my son said that in the play ground one kid threw himself to the floor and was shouting foul etc. He told his mate that this kids was doing a ronaldo !

As for Cantona! ! ! ... THe bloke who was kicked just shouted the same things that Cantona has heard for years and years ... so why throw his toys put the pram? He'd been sent off and was havinhg a childish temper when he assulted the Crystal Palace supporter. That was one of the few games I missed at Palace that night due to work commitments .... But someone I know that sits about 3 feet away from the incident said tat the goading was not any worse than happens at a football match. Cantona should have been professional and walked away. He assulted the person. As did Zidane. As far as I am concerned there was NO need for the assults and both of them should have been banned for the rest of their natural days !

As for getting a medal ... HA !

OK rant over ... WEll done Italy.

i recieved a email from a mate in Italy this moring at work ....
Charles Aznavour, General De Gaulle, Kermit the Frog, Inspector Clouseau - your boys took one H******LLLLLLL of a beating, one h******LLLLL of a beating.

Les Francais a la maison a mangais les
escargots !

CAMPIONE DEL MONDO ! CAMPIONE DEL MONDO ! CAMPIONE DEL MONDO ! CAMPIONE DEL MONDO !

Forza Azzurri
Joe

Of course if Zidane see this he'll be over there and polishing his head for round two ;)

I may add that the referee ELIZONDO in the final match did a terrific job.

Personally I prefer watching football than hockey. It's quite often you see unruly behaviors in the hockey games. Going physical may be eye-catching for a moment, but the fun part is not really sustainable. Without vigorous refereeing I think the game would be predictable and boring. End of football.

Most reactions

Back