Worth the near frostbite?

JonA_CT

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been looking for a morning to get out and catch the sun over these bridges. This morning looked good, except for the fact that the temperature was around 0*F the entire time. Is the sea smoke and ice worth it? I'm not sure. Because of the temperature, I wasn't as careful as I should have been, and the focus on my camera was a bit wonky.

I'm not sure landscape is my thing, but I'd love whatever feedback you all have -- especially as far as editing goes.

20160215-_MG_3837 by jwa04, on Flickr

It needs a little bit of a rotation counterclockwise, it has a little tilt as it is now. It looks really good other wise, it is a very nice photo.
I know what you mean with shooting in cold weather. I went out the other morning at 5:30 long before the sun was up, it was 15f degrees out with a brisk wind. Man my hands froze! It makes it super hard to run the camera when you can't feel anything!:lol:

Definitely worth it - these are the types of shots most people won't take because it is either too cold or early.

Nice picture. Really like the composition. The only thing is the stone that is in the left corner, it takes a bit to much of my attention, and the colors are a bit too strong for my taste. But overall a nice picture!

It needs a little bit of a rotation counterclockwise, it has a little tilt as it is now. It looks really good other wise, it is a very nice photo.
I know what you mean with shooting in cold weather. I went out the other morning at 5:30 long before the sun was up, it was 15f degrees out with a brisk wind. Man my hands froze! It makes it super hard to run the camera when you can't feel anything!:lol:

No kidding! There were about 3 trips back to the car to warm up in the 15 shots I took. I should have brought some gloves -- I just had my big mittens that I keep in the car.

Definitely worth it - these are the types of shots most people won't take because it is either too cold or early.

Thanks! I'm happy I took the time.

Nice picture. Really like the composition. The only thing is the stone that is in the left corner, it takes a bit to much of my attention, and the colors are a bit too strong for my taste. But overall a nice picture!

I agree with you about the stone -- I tried cropping it out, but then I lost the second bridge on the left and I decided I'd rather have the symmetry. I did take some shots from a different angle, but I was messing with bracketed exposures and was trying to get the sea smoke to blur. I ended up using F22 and they were too soft to salvage. Learning something every I go out and shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back