Would like criticism please

He really seems to like the D40 so I assume he has some good reading on it. I bought the D60 even though he said it wasn't worth it. Using his name around here seems to make people...upset? I found his site to have some good info though.

eh i found it helpful. atleast i did search and read... regardless of who it is. he seems knowledgable enough. :confused:

i was going to get the d60, but i figured to start off basic and jump a level or so when i get into it a lot better :)

wow, i have no idea to "overlay", ill have to read up :lol:
Create a second layer, and on the Layer's box there's a drop down menu, that's set at "Normal", switch it to Overlay for that technique. You could skip it and use Unsharp Mask instead, I prefer the high pass filter method myself though.

Create a second layer, and on the Layer's box there's a drop down menu, that's set at "Normal", switch it to Overlay for that technique. You could skip it and use Unsharp Mask instead, I prefer the high pass filter method myself though.

ohhh, sweet. thank you :thumbup:

some car stuff. the wierd hazy look on my car is effing pollen. whatever, just wanted to practice
went a lil nuts today. got a bazillion more pix ill mess with later, mainly outdoor stuff
last one is overdone, tried some merging with different compensations. didnt work too well.
now i see it, looks like i did too much editing in some areas
3386022008_ed5fdcd50d_b.jpg

3385208701_fddb1f0b3f_b.jpg

3386047646_b3200daaa4_b.jpg

I'd just recommend getting the background signs out of the frame and remove your parking pass. Your #2 looks waaay grainy, is that a result of post processing? The third has a bit of that going on in the side reflection and the saturation on the blue in the sign shows you've overdone it there. I think the hardest part about car shots is having to consider everthing that is being reflected from your paint, including yourself. For the most part, they look OK, but you do need a carwash!

I'd just recommend getting the background signs out of the frame and remove your parking pass. Your #2 looks waaay grainy, is that a result of post processing? The third has a bit of that going on in the side reflection and the saturation on the blue in the sign shows you've overdone it there. I think the hardest part about car shots is having to consider everthing that is being reflected from your paint, including yourself. For the most part, they look OK, but you do need a carwash!

i was too lazy to move my car after i saw i couldnt get them out of frame :lol: didnt even think about the parking pass. thanks.

#2 grainy? you mean the steering wheel texture? thats the way it is, or are you talking about something else? im still not up on these terms quite yet. if youre not referring to the texture of the steering wheel/dash itself, could you point out exactly what u mean? it could be from post processing, but i didnt do much to this one at all...

edit: if your referring to the sandy look on the background, etc. its bc the fstop was pretty high and my door panels have a rhino like texture to them, when out of focus they appear to be pourus (i guess thats the word im looking for)

edit 2: upon changing the crappy resolution on the school monitor, i can see what ur referring to but doesnt look wayyy grainy on here. if u get the time, could u explain please? thanks, either way

#3 is HDR, didnt work well. the magenta in the front wheel shows it too. first attempt that that :thumbdown:

the side reflection was worse on the other side b/c it was even more of a mess. lol, i need to pay more attn to that stuff. thanks

Last edited:
i was too lazy to move my car after i saw i couldnt get them out of frame :lol: didnt even think about the parking pass. thanks.
You can remove them in PP. Use a clone tool.
#2 grainy? you mean the steering wheel texture? thats the way it is, or are you talking about something else? im still not up on these terms quite yet. if youre not referring to the texture of the steering wheel/dash itself, could you point out exactly what u mean? it could be from post processing, but i didnt do much to this one at all...
It's the noise (random dots) throughout the image. Look at the Scion badge on the steering wheel...look at the dark parts in the outer ring and you'll see random dots instead of smooth even color. That's noise. You can see it on the door and the outside mirror too.

In the last image the No Admittance sign is magenta but in the first image it's white. Not sure what you were doing but I think you over-did something.

It's the noise (random dots) throughout the image. Look at the Scion badge on the steering wheel...look at the dark parts in the outer ring and you'll see random dots instead of smooth even color. That's noise. You can see it on the door and the outside mirror too.

Exactly, although this seems like a severe amount of noise for your lighting situation. I haven't checked your EXIF data, but what ISO were you shooting at?

As for #3, it would be unnecessary to use HDR here because you can probably properly expose the whole scene in one shot. I would only try HDR processing on shots that you could not possibly get everything exposed properly. If that's what you want to do, you could try it when you've got less lighting to work with, and maybe a streetlight to illuminate your car. Just a suggestion.

On another note: Is that the stock front end of a tC, or just modded grilles? The photos give it a look similar to a Mazda6. And you need to get some 18's on there.

Exactly, although this seems like a severe amount of noise for your lighting situation. I haven't checked your EXIF data, but what ISO were you shooting at?

As for #3, it would be unnecessary to use HDR here because you can probably properly expose the whole scene in one shot. I would only try HDR processing on shots that you could not possibly get everything exposed properly. If that's what you want to do, you could try it when you've got less lighting to work with, and maybe a streetlight to illuminate your car. Just a suggestion.

On another note: Is that the stock front end of a tC, or just modded grilles? The photos give it a look similar to a Mazda6. And you need to get some 18's on there.

oh ok thanks guys.

the tC is painted stock housings, aftermarket upper and lower grills and the aftermarket VRD foglights.

and btw. they are 18x8s. this things has abnormally large fenderwells. these rims on a civic would look huge. i wont go no bigger than 18s though. im running a 225/40 tire right now with less than a finger gap up front dropped 2 inches. ill take a better pic so u can see. i saw it rolling down the road when me and my fiance drove each others car last week... the rims looked huge :confused:

You can remove them in PP. Use a clone tool.

In the last image the No Admittance sign is magenta but in the first image it's white. Not sure what you were doing but I think you over-did something.

i have my camera set on 200 auto iso it adjusts if neccessary, ill check when i get home what it was set at as im at school. im guessin since my windows were rolled up (15% tint) the camera bumped up the ISO. also, the emblem itself has a natural grainy look to it, but not to the extent in the pic ( i see what ur saying now).

would the high fstop causing the door/mirror to be out of focus contribute to the noise?

thanks! :thumbup:

oh ok thanks guys.

the tC is painted stock housings, aftermarket upper and lower grills and the aftermarket VRD foglights.

and btw. they are 18x8s. this things has abnormally large fenderwells. these rims on a civic would look huge. i wont go no bigger than 18s though. im running a 225/40 tire right now with less than a finger gap up front dropped 2 inches. ill take a better pic so u can see. i saw it rolling down the road when me and my fiance drove each others car last week... the rims looked huge :confused:

No way! Dude the 17's on my Audi look bigger than those. They do always look like they're riding too high though when I see them. Anyways, get some night shots of it, I bet they'd look pretty hot.

Anyways, a large aperture setting should help you reduce the noise levels given that it's letting more light get to the chip. Noise is usually the result of shooting in low light settings with a high ISO. Most cameras shot on ISO 800 and up will produce varied amounts of noise, obviously more on the lower end models.

No way! Dude the 17's on my Audi look bigger than those. They do always look like they're riding too high though when I see them. Anyways, get some night shots of it, I bet they'd look pretty hot.

Anyways, a large aperture setting should help you reduce the noise levels given that it's letting more light get to the chip. Noise is usually the result of shooting in low light settings with a high ISO. Most cameras shot on ISO 800 and up will produce varied amounts of noise, obviously more on the lower end models.

lookin, i went a lil heavy on the clarify tool, but still ill work on this from now on. thanks :mrgreen:

my stock 17s look just as big if not bigger. the wierd lip on these wheels make them look smaller :confused:

a few of these im not liking the PP much at all, but dont feel like fixing them right now, just got done sorting 300 images.

Image0162.jpg

Image0111.jpg

Image0153.jpg

Image0157.jpg

Image0158.jpg

Image0160.jpg

Image0161.jpg

Image0211.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back