Would like to try medium format - suggestions? Zeiss Ikon 6x9? Koni Omega?

Did you get the roll that was already in the camera developed?

Hmm, looks like you need to get your Sekonic light meter working (unless you can get the built in meter working).

I had an old GE ... though its currently on eBay.

Just an update, I was able to get the internal light meter working by using one of those hearing aid batteries with a piece of 12 gauge copper wire wrapped around. Seems to work well.

Were you able to sell your GE?

Yup, sold it with a bunch of series V filters.

How is the winding mechanism doing ?

Did you get the roll that was already in the camera developed?

Sorry, I decided to just throw it away. I was curious but there were only 4 pictures taken on a who-knows-how-old roll of film, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Yup, sold it with a bunch of series V filters.

How is the winding mechanism doing ?

Glad to hear it! So far so good with the winding, I think I just have to make sure to push the shutter release hard enough so that it recognizes it is time to wind the camera.

You mean the shutter is not releasing unless you seriously push the button ?

The shutter releases easily, but if I don't push it completely in the winding mechanism doesn't recognize that it is ok to turn. The camera is locked from winding until it thinks you have taken a picture.

I didnt read through all the replies. But check ebay. So easy to find a cheap medium format camera for $200. Check out mamiya c330 or c220. I see some c330s on ebay for under $200.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

The Koni-Omega is a beast, weighs a ton.

I'd suggest a Mamiya TLR or Bronica S, S2 or S2A.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back