What's new

Would this be too risky?

I would see if the store would give a discount or see if there are any other sellers in your area.
Most people overlook the advantages to buying local like;
In local stores, if you have a problem, you can walk in and talk to them, good luck doing that with the over sea eBay seller.
You are supporting your local economy. And that helps to create jobs.
Low Risk of counterfeit goods (Yes that includes Camera Bags)

I have to say that I could have bought a lot of my gear on the internet, but I chose to buy from my local shops, I do not regret it for a second. I have had times where something broke or I needed something on location and the suppliers I deal with brought what I needed to me at no charge. I want to see an internet retailer do that.

You are very lucky. I wish I could go to a local camera store and find out that they actually have things in stock and for sale. Also all the people that work there barely speak english and are rude but I guess welcome to south florida.

On that bag. I have it it's amazing and that store on ebay seems fine 100% positive feedback and lots of sales. Just don't buy from there if you live in canada ha it seems like shipping would be an arm and a leg. GL on where ever you purchase.
tj
 
Im lucky in that sense, as my local store is a little on the expensive side, they often discount their prices for regular customers, everyone knows what theyre talking about and are extremely nice. They will sit down and explain anything you need. In english. I love them.

Mark
 
While were on this subject about ebay, what about off-brand batteries? I will also be picking up a vertical grip and they take two batteries. I only have one. I will be getting another battery and was wondering if an off-brand one would work? It says it is EN-EL3E 7.4V, 1500mAH..just like the one that came with my D90. Has a 1 year warenty and a 7 day return policy through the company, but is still off-brand.

Any ideas on this?
Mark
 
While were on this subject about ebay, what about off-brand batteries? I will also be picking up a vertical grip and they take two batteries. I only have one. I will be getting another battery and was wondering if an off-brand one would work? It says it is EN-EL3E 7.4V, 1500mAH..just like the one that came with my D90. Has a 1 year warenty and a 7 day return policy through the company, but is still off-brand.

Any ideas on this?
Mark
This thread had some helpful info about third party batteries: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/beyond-basics/178656-third-party-batteries.html
 

I was going to offer you that link. Already done.


Im lucky in that sense, as my local store is a little on the expensive side, they often discount their prices for regular customers, everyone knows what theyre talking about and are extremely nice. They will sit down and explain anything you need. In english. I love them.

Mark

You love them but you won't support them? Man, go spend your money there or you're gonna end up, like me, with nothing but a Ritz store in town. :D

With your access to DC, probably not much of a risk but still. I spent about 2/3s of my photo career in DC and I spend all my gear dollars in the true camera stores in town even when I was spending half of my shooting time in NYC...

As I mentioned in a recent thread on this forum, not only did I get to take out any piece of used equipment I was interested in for a couple days for testing but they saved my *ss a few times when I got in over my head on some jobs I wasn't quite ready for. And of course this happened after they had seen me around for a while.

They also got me very good deals on my strobes from another local store when I started putting my studio together.

If you know you have a good local store, support it. You may not realize it yet but that support you give them may turn out to be incredibly valuable to you in the future.

Cheers.

Sorry but I just had to say that.
 
I completely agree with you about that. Up until now, Ive bought all of my equipment there. My current bag, 70-300 lens, 50mm 1.8 lens, 28-80 lens, D90 body, N65 body (used), all of my film, two tripods, and some filters. I just have a fixed amount of money at the moment and I would like to get the bag, a vertical grip, and an extra battery with that money. The only way to do this is to get he bag off ebay. I will definately be going to them after pay day. Im saving money for a fast telephoto lens like the Sigma 70-200 2.8 or Nikon 80-200 2.8. I will also be getting this through them.

I completely agree that buying from them will help me out in the long run. It already has as they got me my backdrops more than half off and helped me out tremendously in the past. I will definately be going back to them in the future.

Thanks!
Mark
 
Bump. Did you end up getting the Flipside 300? I'm considering the same bag now and have been researching bags all day (err...I mean...working really hard here at work).
 
I just bought the Lowepro Slingshot 300AW on ebay for €71.95. Our local Photoshop has the same one for €99! The dealer on ebay is also a local dealer a couple of hours driving from me, so I think a good deal depends on how good you look. If the ebay dealer is above %99.5, the chances are that you can't go too wrong, and I've been shopping and selling on ebay for 9 years now with ZERO problems.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom