Would you go back in time???

F5 Penguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes! That's right! Would you like to get rid of digital photography from the world like it never existed? All our memories get completely wiped of any digital knowledge! We forever use film cameras and shoot film for eternity.

I like the philosophical questions. These are two different questions:

1. Would you go back in time?
    Can I come back to the present without anything changing? If yes, then yes. If no, then no.

2. Would you get rid of digital photography from the world like it never existed?
    No. There are far too many good things that come out of digital photography.

I do that every night, then wake up in a cold sweat and say thank goodness it was only a nightmare

Nope. I love the fact that when I want to work on an image, I can do it while watching television, and that even if I spend all day processing, my fingers don't smell like vinegar when I'm done. What I would like is to go back in time as far as quality goes so that equipment was being made the way it was 30 - 40 years ago...

No.

I would go back in time, but no, I wouldn't change anything. Or maybe I would be tempted, but erasing digital photography would not be the thing that I would want to change.

I still shoot film and will continue to do so for as long as I can. However, even though digital photography doesn't really do anything for me, it does for others, and there are many people who were able to fufill a creative need with it in a way they could not do with film. Why on earth would I want to take that away from someone just because I personally prefer film?

Besides, if I got rid of digital photography, then prices for film gear would never have dropped to the point that I can actually finally afford to get myself a Hassy 500CM. :)

I would go back in time ... just to go back in time. Screw photography, I want to be a vampire, live forever developing and printing in my coffin.

Yes. Back in the 70's/80's there was a wide selection of films to choose from. And I enjoyed my 645's much more than my D7100.....

I would love to go back in time. to when I was forty-ish. But I'm taking my camera and Ipad with me.

Having gone through tens of thousands of family negatives and slides (just cleaning and storing) I would not want to have put that burden on someone else down the line. While I had to do something with those 100 year old negatives from a great aunt so they last another 100 years, I expect my digital images will all be resting in peace in bit heaven in less than 100 years.

Fine with me! Typewriters are back, vinyl's back, film 'came back', Polaroids came back, who needs digital? lol

But really, I still shoot film, but there are times the digital technology can be useful (for me that involves scanning as much as shooting with a digital camera). If we didn't have digital technology I guess I'd just be doing what I used to do.

The past? Glad to be rid of it. I'll stick with film as long as the local processing infrastructure survives. My Fuji mirrorless cameras and Fujinon lenses induce perma-grin. The present is way more scary/fun/satisfying than the past.

Heavens no. Digital tech allows me to take photos film could never take. I like being able to take whatever photo I want.

I'm very happy to see there are one or two dinosaurs around! lol

I haven't shot film in a long, long, long time but that is going to change.

I could write a book why I would love to obliterate digital photography from planet Earth. I'll just post my own personal experience to keep things a little shorter.

I can look through my film images and pick many, many images that I worked very hard to achieve. Images that even if they may not be the best, they are images I can say I am certainly proud of, images that give me some self satisfaction. There is a story to tell behind each one, what it took to get it to where it is. Film photography took work, it took skill, it required knowledge, it required the ability to see. When it all came together and the result was a success, there is no better feeling.
Since I moved to digital, off the top of my head, I can't think of one single digital image I've ever taken that has those same emotions behind it. Every photo is just blah! It's all way too easy. For me digital photography simply has no soul. It shows in others work too, everywhere.

I could go on forever! Even the little things, things you can get totally silly about, they are also a backward step. Slapping a memory card into a digital camera it's just not the same as slapping in a roll of film, pulling the leader across and shutting the back. It was more fun! With film it felt like you were getting ready to take photos! After I put my memory card in my digital camera...well...the memory card is in the digital camera I guess. Blah!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back