Would you keep this photo?

anubis404

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you took this shot would it be a keeper for you?

3719703570_4fdbc29c8b_b.jpg

Looks like it has a white balance issue.

Was this shot in RAW or JPEG?

Would I keep it? Well, I keep all my shots anyway but I don't think I'd print it.

Yes, because I don't delete photos. Ever. If I need storage, I buy more storage. Not to say I post every image I take (the number of photos I don't use for anything far, far outweighs the few I'm happy enough with to show to the world). Personally, I'd be playing with that image for an hour or two, probably, just to see what I could finagle out of it...

I did play with the colors a little bit. I don't mean would you not delete it, but if you took this photo would it be a keeper to you? Something to put on your flikr or whatever.

Keeper yes. Obviously if your asking you like it. Print it no. I really like the foreground but there is something lacking in the background. maybe its clouds or DOF or just something specific to look at. Either way its a fun photo.

Oh, what the hell. Here's my quick and dirty edit. Tried to fix the colour issue with Variations (it's just faster), removed the noise, and messed with it in Topaz Adjust.

3719703570_4fdbc29c8b_b-edit.jpg

Didn't bother correcting the lens distortion, vignetting, or that odd horizon line though.

If you're talking about my edit, which I assume you are: as I said, quick and dirty. The sharp contrast issues can be fixed with judicious guassian blur, I just didn't want to spend time brushing it in. (Plus the image is rather low rez to be pushing pixels like I did anyway.)

If you're talking about my edit, which I assume you are: as I said, quick and dirty. The sharp contrast issues can be fixed with judicious guassian blur, I just didn't want to spend time brushing it in. (Plus the image is rather low rez to be pushing pixels like I did anyway.)

no, I was referring more to the original. Even your 2nd attempt didn't quite get rid of it like you mentioned...

cool photo though :)

You think the first is too contrasty? Really? I think it's pretty flat. Maybe we're physically seeing things differently. *scratches head*

You think the first is too contrasty? Really? I think it's pretty flat. Maybe we're physically seeing things differently. *scratches head*

:lol:

yea... now that you mention it, I looked closer at yours, and it seemed even worse...

my original comment was for the OP though... he asked what we thought, and my first impression was it had too much contrast...

but who knows... we all have different cameras/image processors in our heads right? :lol:

:)

flip...you make wanna quit starting... i think the photo is great...please school me!

I don't have a problem with the scene, but the color is way off...never seen a torquoise sky before. Would it be a keeper for me in the sense you asked - no. I'd probably save it for myself, but not to show to anyone.

Most reactions

Back