Would you make the switch?

I'm the proud new owner of a 5D! Man, this thing is soooooo different from a D80 on so many levels. I love it, I'm just a little intimidated by the weight at the moment, I need to get used to it. It's far bigger and heftier than the D80. The D80 couldn't hold a candle to the ISO abilities of this beast at all, I'll post some ISO 1600 pics later. They are far superior and cleaner than the D80.

I also got a 24-70 today, and I must say... this lens is intense. It seems tack sharp wide-open, so I can say it's everything I'll need in a standard zoom.

After much convincing from my new boss, I've decided to get a 70-200 F2.8 instead of an F4, and skip the second body for now. The only jobs I'll be expected to shoot in the near future will be as a backup, so I don't need a second body just yet.

I'm the proud new owner of a 5D! Man, this thing is soooooo different from a D80 on so many levels. I love it, I'm just a little intimidated by the weight at the moment, I need to get used to it. It's far bigger and heftier than the D80. The D80 couldn't hold a candle to the ISO abilities of this beast at all, I'll post some ISO 1600 pics later. They are far superior and cleaner than the D80.

I also got a 24-70 today, and I must say... this lens is intense. It seems tack sharp wide-open, so I can say it's everything I'll need in a standard zoom.

After much convincing from my new boss, I've decided to get a 70-200 F2.8 instead of an F4, and skip the second body for now. The only jobs I'll be expected to shoot in the near future will be as a backup, so I don't need a second body just yet.

The 2.8 is definatly the way to go. You will love it.

Well, after spending a few hours with it today, I am impressed. At ISO 1250, the noise is pretty much non-existent. The 24-70 is a wonderful lens, but man, it's huge! I didn't think it was going to be so enormous, but it is freaking gigantic. And heavy. I'm really eyeing the grip at this point to balance the whole package out, it is super front heavy.

How long does it take to get used to all this weight?? Man, when the day comes when I'm actually using pro-bodies, I'm going to need to start curling.

You don't want to hold the 70-200 2.8 or better than for 8 hours :lol:

Well, after spending a few hours with it today, I am impressed. At ISO 1250, the noise is pretty much non-existent. The 24-70 is a wonderful lens, but man, it's huge! I didn't think it was going to be so enormous, but it is freaking gigantic. And heavy. I'm really eyeing the grip at this point to balance the whole package out, it is super front heavy.

How long does it take to get used to all this weight?? Man, when the day comes when I'm actually using pro-bodies, I'm going to need to start curling.

Of course the 5D will beat the D80 - it's 3 times the price! You can't compare a professional camera to an outdated amateur one! You traitor! You switched to evil Canon and missed out on the D300!

Of course the 5D will beat the D80 - it's 3 times the price! You can't compare a professional camera to an outdated amateur one! You traitor! You switched to evil Canon and missed out on the D300!

:lmao:

Yeah, I had no doubt that it would be better, I just didn't know by how much. And for some reason I'm able to make adjustments quicker on-the-fly with the Canon body than I was able to with the Nikon.

So far, I don't have a single regret. Looking through a full frame viewfinder makes you wonder how you ever framed a shot on a DX body. It's vast in comparison.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back