would you risk...

icondigital said:
i think hertz car rental has taken a dislike to me verbal! i guess you arent supposed to make any jokes! :confused:

Bah, whatever. What sig you got? P226 seems most common, but I prefer P228 myself... if I'm going to be using a 9mm, that is.

icondigital said:
dont really know that much about guns! would have to look at it to see for sure but i believe it's the p228. i keep it at the office. it's never even been shot!:confused:

Sad! You should take it out to a rifle range and have some fun! Target shooting is a blast! (no pun intended)

My dad was a gunsmith years ago, and owned a gun-repair shop, so I know something of guns. Him and I have built several together, including a Colt .45 revolver, and a duckfoot pistol (see image... not mine, from google)

duckfoot2.jpg

The three topics that get out of hand quickly and cause dissent, argument, bad blood and locked threads are: Politics, Religion and personal weaponry.
Probably because the three are quite closely linked.
This thread originated as a discussion about whether or not you felt you had what it takes to go into a war zone to take pictures - I was merely advising you to keep it on topic.
Seems I'm going to have to keep repeating myself.

Jon, I have a revolver in colt .45, it's a S&W model 25-5 .45 long colt. Nice piece. My favorite for the range is the .45 ACP though. A lot of fun, I use to compete in IPSC, many a moon ago. And you all thought photography was an expensive hobby. Being old school, I favored S&W wheel guns and Colt SA automatics. Always wanted a Browning SA 9mm, never got around to finding one to spend money on.

I would like to add that personally I can not begin to understand what is going on in Iraq. I know nothing of the religions or waring faction's. I now nothing of war. The closest I ever came was a couple of demonstrations and a near riot. I can not say how I would react.

I would go in a second to understand the culture. And hopefully help.

How come no one understands that by displaying what types of weapons you keep at home you DIGRESS from Mentos's topic over and again and again and again? What is this? Mentos was asking you a serious question and you can say, yes, I would love to take the challenge of being a photographer in a troubled or even war-ridden country, or not. Giving reasons or even NOT giving reasons.

Why do you keep telling us what weapons you keep in your home?
I don't want to know!

Hertz van Rental said:
The three topics that get out of hand quickly and cause dissent, argument, bad blood and locked threads are: Politics, Religion and personal weaponry.
Probably because the three are quite closely linked.
This thread originated as a discussion about whether or not you felt you had what it takes to go into a war zone to take pictures - I was merely advising you to keep it on topic.
Seems I'm going to have to keep repeating myself.

I happen to believe that guns are pieces of art, not just weapons. =) But I'll make sure and steer clear from any negative talk about them.

jstuedle said:
Jon, I have a revolver in colt .45, it's a S&W model 25-5 .45 long colt. Nice piece. My favorite for the range is the .45 ACP though. A lot of fun, I use to compete in IPSC, many a moon ago. And you all thought photography was an expensive hobby. Being old school, I favored S&W wheel guns and Colt SA automatics. Always wanted a Browning SA 9mm, never got around to finding one to spend money on.

Nice choices! And I've wanted a Browning for awhile myself.

icondigital said:
do you think that duckfoot pistol would make you feel you had what it takes to go into a war zone to take pictures verbal? ;)
btw how did you come up with "verbal"?

Ha! I'm not ever going to fire that thing if I can help it! lol, it just looks nice hanging on my wall.

As far as my screen name goes, have you ever seen The Usual Suspects? It's a Kevin Spacey movie (one of my favorite actors), and it's absolutely fantastic. I really enjoyed the character Spacey played, and his name was Verbal Kint.

One funny part... all these suspects are sitting in a jail cell together for the first time. Verbal Kint is a cripple, really soft-spoken, and hasn't spoken a word yet. Someone asks him what his name is, and he said Verbal, because he talks a lot. Those were his first words though, and one guy was like "Yeah, I was just about to tell you to shut up."

Heheh... I just thought that was rather humorous. =P But I DO talk a lot, so I thought it fitting.

LaFoto said:
How come no one understands that by displaying what types of weapons you keep at home you DIGRESS from Mentos's topic over and again and again and again? What is this? Mentos was asking you a serious question and you can say, yes, I would love to take the challenge of being a photographer in a troubled or even war-ridden country, or not. Giving reasons or even NOT giving reasons.

Why do you keep telling us what weapons you keep in your home?
I don't want to know!

...is it that big of a deal? I thought we all answered her question...

Sorry to upset you, I'll cease to post I guess. :confused:

We're careful with these topics because we have repeatedly seen them go very bad. Please have enough faith in my moderator team to understand that they are absolutely NOT picking on you, but they are trying to keep an eye on a topic that has a way of getting ugly very very quickly.

Chase said:
We're careful with these topics because we have repeatedly seen them go very bad. Please have enough faith in my moderator team to understand that they are absolutely NOT picking on you, but they are trying to keep an eye on a topic that has a way of getting ugly very very quickly.

Holy crap!! Wisdom from above!! :thumbup:

Now everyone bow down before the Almighty Chase before he sends his wrath down upon us!!!!! Er...or you can just talk about Mentos' topic! :lol:

ok I'm afraid I'm a trouble maker here :p i started a wrong topic :p sorry guys :p

Most reactions

Back