WRC Mexico - Pannin'

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I just finished touching up my pics from the Mexican round of the World Rally Championship. I took them with my film SLR and had the negatives scanned directly, then did some PS.

I'm quite unhappy with the exposure, and still not sure if it's due to a mistake of mine or one from the guy at the photo lab. Makes me want a DSLR even more (That way, I'd be sure any mistake is made by me).

Since there are many photos I'd like to post, I will make dfferent threads. I hope that's OK. The whole album is here, if anyone cares to take a look.

1. Wilson
derramadero28.jpg

2. A mitsubishi
esperanza21.jpg

3. Another mitsu
esperanza23.jpg

4. Sordo vs. Hirvonen in a Super Special Stage
sss2.jpg

5. A Subaru
2derramadero18.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

You re right I agree your shoot are not perfect :er:

On all of them you never succeed in catching the speed and the focus on the car by the camera travelling

N2 is too bright, the sand and the car. Of course it is not due to the lab but to your setting during the shoot :D . Which film did you use, which speed?

But it is so difficult to do perfectly with a digital camera that I can not just imagine how difficult it is with your non digital camera.

So your tried and that s the most important :)

Mat

You re right I agree your shoot are not perfect :er:
Gee, thanks ;)

On all of them you never succeed in catching the speed and the focus on the car by the camera travelling

Do you mean the cars are not 100% sharp?

Which film did you use, which speed?

Fuji Superia ISO 100.

So your tried and that s the most important :)
Mat

Thanks for your comments!

I don't think there that bad. The blur effect to me adds to the speed or feeling of speed. I don't know if you were trying for blur or not. I would change the crop on some of them and PS them a bit but I like them.

I shoot a lot in Mexico and the dust is unreal. You might be glad you were shooting film instead of gathering dust on your sensor.

These are cool mostly because i love Evos and STIs but theyre good shots i think.

I'm no pro (I even hesitate to call myself an amateur!), but 100 ISO probably isn't a great choice for such a high speed subject.

I think you did a good job capturing #1, 2, & 3.

I don't think there that bad. The blur effect to me adds to the speed or feeling of speed. I don't know if you were trying for blur or not. I would change the crop on some of them and PS them a bit but I like them.

Thank you. Yes, the blur is intentional. How would you change the crop? Make the off center? What would you do in PS?

I shoot a lot in Mexico and the dust is unreal. You might be glad you were shooting film instead of gathering dust on your sensor.

Yes, after a couple of days of this we had dust up our... everywhere. I was actually about to get a new DSLR for this event. Now I'm glad I didn't.

These are cool mostly because i love Evos and STIs but theyre good shots i think.

Thank you.

I'm no pro (I even hesitate to call myself an amateur!), but 100 ISO probably isn't a great choice for such a high speed subject.

Most of the shots were made outdoors and with a lot of sun. I thought it would be OK. Also I wanted to get the best result with the scanning.

I think you did a good job capturing #1, 2, & 3.

Thank you

Thanks again for all your comments, very much appreciated.

I like them, the exposures aren't all great, but I still like them, action photography is so much more exciting to me

that second shot is in fact a subaru STi, not a mitsu?

Yes, you are correct and I was wrong. Thanks.

What was your shutter speed?

1/45 in the first ones. 1/15 or so in the last one. (Sorry, since they were shot on film instead of digital I have no data... and my memory is carp these days)

I like them, the exposures aren't all great, but I still like them, action photography is so much more exciting to me

Thanks, appreciate the comment.

pfft... don't listen to the naysayers... (damn this board has gotten much grumpier while ive been away)

I think these shots are great. Each one/two has a different way of showing the action. Different blurs at different levels with different focuses. I assume in the first few you were trying to track the camera along with the car- nice job. That's hard to do and have them come out that clear.

The Suby one at the end rocks. I love that car anyway, and it's a really interesting artistic shot. Very cool. Very spirited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back