WTB: 35mm / 50mm f1.8 for Nikon D3000

Tim N

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I currently have a Nikon D3000 and just wanted to look on here before going to eBay or somewhere else to buy one If you have either of the lenses listed here I'm interested in purchasing them (35mm preferred):

Nikon 35mm f/1.8
Nikon 50mm f/1.8

Need to fit a D3000 body. Can be manual, don't have to be DX version unless you have one reasonably priced.

PM or reply with what you would want for them. Thanks!

Need to fit a D3000 body. Can be manual, don't have to be DX version unless you have one reasonably priced.

DX and AF are not the same thing. The D3000 needs AF-S lenses to autofocus. DX just means that the lenses are suited for digital cameras, not 35mm. The D3000 has a 1.5x crop factor. This means that the 50mm 1.8 is an equivalent of 75mm 1.8 on the body. Nikon does not make a 50mm DX version. The 35mm 1.8 is a DX lens. Theyre two different lenses completely, one DX and one FX. The 35mm is also an AF-S lens, so it will AF on your camera. I belive the 50mm wont as it does not have an intenal motor. To have the motor, youd have to get the 50mm 1.4. So:

Nikon 50mm F/1.8D
Made for FX bodies, Making it a 75mm F/1.8 equivalent on the D3000
Will not AF on the D3000 as its not an AF-S lens
No DX equivalent

Nikon 35mm F/1.8G AF-S DX
Made for DX bodies, keeping its 35mm F/1.8 equivalent on the D3000
Will AF on the D3000 as it's an AF-S lens

Hope this helped a little without confusing you..

Mark

I have the 35mm. I bought that coz my camera body doesn't have built-in motor. I want something that AF and also fit my budget.
Things to consider are your budget, AF, range...if that's any of your concern.

Range should be first, then if you need AF, then budget. You can always save for a while longer to get the budget, but you can never get more than 35mm out of a 35mm lens only without spending more money from the aforementioned budget.

Mark

Nikon does not make a 50mm DX version.

They do, just not in 1.8. Their 1.4 comes in a DX but it's pricey.

I stated that, as seen below:

To have the motor, youd have to get the 50mm 1.4. So:

Nikon 50mm F/1.8D
Made for FX bodies, Making it a 75mm F/1.8 equivalent on the D3000
Will not AF on the D3000 as its not an AF-S lens
No DX equivalent

Thanks.
Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back