WTB: Hot Shoe Adapter for Minolta

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am desperately seeking a hot shoe adapter for my Minolta 5D so that I can use my radio slaves.
If you have one and are looking to part with it, let me know...

I don't know about the availability of the genuine Minolta adapters but I suspect they're not that easy to find now. There are some third-party adapters though. There's this one...
http://www.safe-sync.com/Sony_Alpha_A100_safe_sync.htm
... and again here ...
... which reduces the voltage of the flash to the camera's tolerance. Unfortunately it's not cheap at $79.

Alternatively there seem to be quite a lot of cheaper ones on the 'bay and here, but since they don't reduce voltage you'll have to make sure your flashes are below the safe level (which I imagine is 6v going by equivalent Canon and Pentax models).

P.s. I haven't used any of those adapters or bought from the retailers; this is just what I've managed to Google. So don't sue me if you buy one of them and your camera explodes :D

Thanks. I'm holding out for a Minolta adapter. There was one at a local camera shop, but it was snatched up by one of the employees.
I don't need it for flash, I need it for radio slaves.

Ah sorry I completely missed that part of the post. Anyway will keep my eyes open for a Minolta adapter.

Most reactions

Back