WTB Lee Big Stopper 4x4 filter

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey folks, this is probably a long shot, but I'm looking for a Lee Big Stopper 4x4 ND filter if anyone has a good one around they'd be willing to sell.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yeah, I've looked at those, but I need 82mm mainly (and 67mm, and possibly 77mm)...plus I already have all the Lee setup and have other filters I use with it so it'd just be easier to keep everything the same system.

The big stopper in the 4x4 size is actually extremely hard to find new, I've looked all around, that link you posted from adorama says:
This item is currently back-ordered by the manufacturer. Although we have no estimated time of arrival for this item, you can order it now and it will ship as soon as it arrives. Your card will only be charged once item is shipped.
and it's been like that for months. Same with B&H, and others.

everywhere I can find in the US is out of stock (at least online, I might try calling some of the smaller stores that might not keep up on their website)...on e-bay they're going for like 2-3x new retail pricing for used ones and I refuse to pay that (one guy even has one with a big piece of it broken off and he's asking $40 over new retail for). There is 1 store in Austrailia that I found that lists it in stock, but their price is higher than US, and I'd have to pay all the added shipping/customs, etc...and I'm just not in that big a rush to get it so I figured I'd see if anyone has one they'd be willing to sell.

Thanks though, if you do stumble on one anywhere, let me know.

Ah I see.

Well I don't know where to find that, but here is a B+W 82mm ten stop ring mount (bottom of page):
B+W MrC ND110 77 mm Camera Filters 10 F/stops, B+W 82mm MRC ND110 B+W ND camera filters Solid Schott Glass
Your choice of different coatings for $217 or $277

Or Singh Ray sells then in 82mm for like $350 something luxury filters

Or for a cheaper ($170) tiffen vari-ND that goes to 8 stops (but may have some risk of Xs) in 82mm: Amazon.com: Tiffen 82mm Neutral Density 0.9 Filter: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, I'm just going to keep looking around for a big stopper, I'm not really in a rush or anything. if nothing comes up before a trip I have in a few months I'll probably grab one of the B+W's

Aloicious, check over on the Canon forums and Fred Miranda, Big stoppers have been in high demand lately and it's been slow shopping for them but you can come across them every once in a while there. Used has been going for retail prices too. Good luck.

Thanks, yeah, I've got an ad up on FM too. I don't mind paying new retail even for good used one, but I'm not going to pay the 3-4x retail that e-bayers are asking...

Lol, I hear you. People are paying it though. It makes it hard to justify sometimes.

Most reactions

Back