Kristen6877

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kristenmartin.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Aloha,
I'm just started out with photography and I'm looking for used equipment since I can't afford new. I currently have a Canon Digital Rebel and I'm looking for used lighting, fisheye lens, wide-angle lens, backdrops and backdrop stand. I'm also looking for basic things like reflectors & umbrellas.

Mahalo, Kristen

im not sure about lenses, but ive found some pretty amazing deals on stuff like umbrellas and reflectors on Ebay. i just got a set of 3 reflectors (5 in one) for $45 shipping included. ive seen umbrellas go for $5 with Buy It Now.

as for lighting on Ebay, i got a set of 2 continuous lights with stands umbrellas and bulbs for around $100. the 2 bulbs are color balanced (5500K) 250 watt equivalent. after doing a lot of reading, i avoided buying the cheap flash sets youll see there. from what i read, they either didnt fire properly, or they didnt even have as much power as the on camera flash on my Rebel XT. im sure they have higher quality strobes there, but youll pay more for those too.

ive found background supports with muslins going for as little as $150, and some that looked to be much better quality for about $100 more, and higher.

if you cant afford new i think Ebay will be a good place for you to look. ive had pretty good luck there so far. if you want links to the sellers ive used, i can find them and post them for you later, or tomorrow. i cant afford new either, and i cant afford to get ripped off so the sellers ive gone through had to have at least a 98-99% positive freedback rating, and close to or over 10,000 sales. a couple sellers ive gone through have over 10,000 sales with 100% positive feedback.

also keep in mind im still fairly new to taking photography seriously, so what i think is decent quality may not be up to others standards. for what ive used the things ive gotten so far for, they have worked very well and i have no complaints.

im not sure about lenses, but ive found some pretty amazing deals on stuff like umbrellas and reflectors on Ebay. i just got a set of 3 reflectors (5 in one) for $45 shipping included. ive seen umbrellas go for $5 with Buy It Now.

as for lighting on Ebay, i got a set of 2 continuous lights with stands umbrellas and bulbs for around $100. the 2 bulbs are color balanced (5500K) 250 watt equivalent. after doing a lot of reading, i avoided buying the cheap flash sets youll see there. from what i read, they either didnt fire properly, or they didnt even have as much power as the on camera flash on my Rebel XT. im sure they have higher quality strobes there, but youll pay more for those too.

ive found background supports with muslins going for as little as $150, and some that looked to be much better quality for about $100 more, and higher.

if you cant afford new i think Ebay will be a good place for you to look. ive had pretty good luck there so far. if you want links to the sellers ive used, i can find them and post them for you later, or tomorrow. i cant afford new either, and i cant afford to get ripped off so the sellers ive gone through had to have at least a 98-99% positive freedback rating, and close to or over 10,000 sales. a couple sellers ive gone through have over 10,000 sales with 100% positive feedback.

also keep in mind im still fairly new to taking photography seriously, so what i think is decent quality may not be up to others standards. for what ive used the things ive gotten so far for, they have worked very well and i have no complaints.

any links to specefic sellers on ebay? thanks for any help and your time.

- Jason

Most reactions

Back