WTB Nikon D3

ImNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am considering selling my D700 and picking a used D3 since I have seen them sell for quite cheap.
I'm just putting this here to see what's out there. I want one with with out a huge amount of actuations and in good shape for obvious reasons.

I saw a D3 listed for $1900 recently. Not sure what the actuation count was, but that seems to be a doggone attractive price for such a fine camera body!

YES. That's what I'm talking about. I would not mind dropping 2,000 on a D3.

I was in your shoes a little more than a month ago. On a whim, I put a bid on a D3 on eBay. I won it for $1825 shipped. 37k actuations. Just about crapped my pants in excitement. Sold my D700 a few weeks ago through this forum.

I can't put into words how great the D3 is, even compared to the D700. It goes beyond the raw statistics, too. The D3 just feels great.

Get yourself a D3 if you're even considering it.

PS. If you've never owned a pro body camera, it's a whole different ball game. Oh, and 9 FPS (up to 11 FPS in dx mode) is AMAZING.

I was in your shoes a little more than a month ago. On a whim, I put a bid on a D3 on eBay. I won it for $1825 shipped. 37k actuations. Just about crapped my pants in excitement. Sold my D700 a few weeks ago through this forum.

I can't put into words how great the D3 is, even compared to the D700. It goes beyond the raw statistics, too. The D3 just feels great.

Get yourself a D3 if you're even considering it.

PS. If you've never owned a pro body camera, it's a whole different ball game. Oh, and 9 FPS (up to 11 FPS in dx mode) is AMAZING.

D3 and D3s' are coming down. When I got my D3s, they were averaging $4500, now you can pick one up for $3.5.

Good luck with you hunt! Free bump. :D

Thanks guys. I used to shoot a D2X and that thing felt so awesome to hold. I think the most difficult part of all this is that I need the time between selling my D700 and buying a D3 very minimal since I shoot quite often for work.

If you could, I'd recommend keeping the 700 and using it as a backup.
But, of course that means more money.

After all, the D700 and D3 are pretty much identical.

Last edited:
I would love to do that but yes, more money that I wish I had. I'm shooting a lot of sports at my new-ish job and I figure I'm better off with a D3. Also, an excuse to upgrade.

Most reactions

Back