What's new

WTB: Walk Around Lens

da9k1ne

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to buy a nice walk around lens for an upcoming vacation that I'm taking to greece.

I already have the kit lens along with a 50mm so I'm looking for something that at least gets out to 90mm.

Let me know what you have, I have money burning a hole in my pocket. I dont really have much of a budget, around 200 is where I'd like to be.

Thanks in advance!
 
Just some helpful advice. It would be better for people to offer you a lens if they new what camera you had. ;) Hope this helped.
 
Just some helpful advice. It would be better for people to offer you a lens if they new what camera you had. ;) Hope this helped.
DITTO.
I'll try anyways: for Nikon, something like 18-105, 18-200 (since you want to get to those 90mm and up focal lengths) is something you might want to look into. They are pretty decent walk around lenses. Since I only use my d90 for non-work related shoots, 18-105 allows me both running after my kids doing stills and videos.
On Canon, I know many people are very happy with 28-135.
Other brands - NO CLUE.

Good Luck
 
deffinately get the 18-200, can't go wrong
 
deffinately get the 18-200, can't go wrong
When you say "can't go wrong" you have bear in mind the IQ. Lens has certain parameters, I learned them as trial-error, that you need to be confined to for optimal quality.
 
I would get the Tamron 18-270mm... you can't go wrong with it!!!
 
You can't go wrong with any of the "hardly nothing mm to everything mm" lenses unless sharpness is your main priority.
 
You can't go wrong with any of the "hardly nothing mm to everything mm" lenses unless sharpness is your main priority.

Dang it, 2Wheel! You have had your "like" for the day.. and I almost had to give you another! :)
 
You can't go wrong with any of the "hardly nothing mm to everything mm" lenses unless sharpness is your main priority.

Dang it, 2Wheel! You have had your "like" for the day.. and I almost had to give you another! :)

iconhammer.gif


Its all good, thanks!
 
i found one. sorry for the vaugeness guys, i forgot this wasnt a canon only forum like the other one i frequent!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom