WTS: Nikon 10.8 2.8G Fisheye & Nikon 12-24mm 4G

SwiCago

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone.

I'm new here, so I'll introduce myself first. I live in Steger, IL and am a hobbyist photographer. I love the outdoors, this includes camping and off roading and I especially love to take pictures of my family. I found this sight through google search trying to gauge correct value of my lenses that am offering. I recently sold an older 17-80mm for $190 on an off road forum and a nikon 17-55 2.8G for $950 through craigslist.
I have two more lenses, which seem to have a lot of people interested, but no committed takers yet, so I thought it would be appropriate to post them here for other enthusiast who may be interested in competitively priced lenses.
If anyone lives in the Chicago area, we can personally meet. I know trust can be an issue, so I have no problems giving out more information about myself to potential buyers.

Now to the lenses
$575 for the Nikon 10.5mm 2.8G fisheye (MINT, USA, less then 100shots) Includes confirm, tracking and insurance for lower 48
Nikon Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G Fisheye - MINT

$730 for the Nikon 12-24mm 4G
(also MINT, USA, used one vacation trip, probably less then 50 shots) Includes confirm, tracking and insurance for lower 48
Nikon Nikkor 12-24mm f/4.0G Ultra Wide Angle - MINT

Both of the above are USA version with the original warranty papers and still have warranty time left on them. The 12-24mm came in a silver box, but is USA version. I thought it was strange at first too, that it was a silver box, but that's the way it came and it does say 5yr on the side.

Just send me a PM, email or craiglist reply if you need anymore info and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for looking
-AL

Pics
10.5mm
web_Lenses_01-Fisheye-lot_1.jpg

web_Lenses_02-Fisheye-lot_2.jpg

web_Lenses_03-Fisheye-lot_3.jpg

12-24mm 4G
web_Lenses_07-wide-agnle-lot_1.jpg

web_Lenses_08-wide-agnle-lot_2.jpg

web_Lenses_09-wide-agnle-lot_3.jpg

Last edited:
Still have these lenses available. I know they are priced right, because I have seen others with higher asking prices. I am getting lots of hits on craigslist, but most people think I will deliver the lenses to a location 1hr from my home for free.

Let me know what you guys need to know about me, to gain your trust.
Here is the forum I am primarily on (very active).
Meet Booger (my linex'd OD tank) - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

Last edited:
Bump...still have these two lenses for sale. Both of which should cost no more then $15 to ship. Both are USA and in Mint condition.
I know my 12-24mm is priced low, because someone else has one posted for well over $100 more then my asking price.

Bump...still have these two lenses for sale. Both of which should cost no more then $15 to ship. Both are USA and in Mint condition.
I know my 12-24mm is priced low, because someone else has one posted for well over $100 more then my asking price.

Your math is off, it's under $100 not well over $100. :lol:

But hey, as long as it helps your sale.

How do you figure?..$100 cheaper is $100 cheaper.
Your selling yours for $830 shipped. I am selling mine for $700 + no more then $15 s/h .. Even with the 3% paypal, I am still $100 cheaper (+/- a few dollars)!!! So still ~100 dollars less then your asking price.

Oh BTW: Thanks for sh-tting on my thread...

PS: I feel sorry for the folks that actually were dumb enough to pay what you asked for your stuff. Your stuff was all over priced.

PS: I feel sorry for the folks that actually were dumb enough to pay what you asked for your stuff. Your stuff was all over priced.

A little too far dont you think.....

How do you figure?..$100 cheaper is $100 cheaper.
Your selling yours for $830 shipped. I am selling mine for $700 + no more then $15 s/h .. Even with the 3% paypal, I am still $100 cheaper (+/- a few dollars)!!! So still ~100 dollars less then your asking price.

I'll break it down a little more simply for you. $700 + $15 + 3% ($21.45) comes out to $736.45. That is $93.55 difference, which to me, does not qualify as "well over $100 more," wouldn't you agree?

someone else has one posted for well over $100 more then my asking price.

Do you feel bad that they purchased my gear, or are you upset that they purchased mine and not yours? My gear was priced very appropriately, I have been doing this a long time. This is proven by the fact that my items sell quickly and have a 100% satisfaction rate.

A little too far dont you think.....

It's okay. I'm used to the newbies flexing their internet muscles. :mrgreen:

Besides, when people see how immature and overly defensive the seller is, it will only hurt his chances at selling his items.

On that note, for anyone interested in my 12-24 I will lower the price below what I have it listed at if you mention this ad! PM me for details.

All I have to say is just wow....I know I am new to this forum. I really only came here to offer my lenses at really low prices to those that would appreciate them as much as I did. I did not come here to fight, but that is obviously what you wanted, since you came on my thread. I did not go and advertise my gear at lower prices in your thread, now did I?
Why should I feel bad that they purchased your gear? I already sold 3 of 5 lenses I had up for sale and that within 2 weeks. If I put the last 2 on fleabay, they'll easily sell. But I rather not deal with fleabay and rather the lenses get good homes to other enthusiasts.

I am now going to leave it at that. Maybe you can do the same and get off your high horse, oh mighty one.

Mods, if you feel this thread has taken a wrong turn, feel free to delete it. Maybe this is the wrong place to sell my lenses.

All I have to say is just wow....I know I am new to this forum. I really only came here to offer my lenses at really low prices to those that would appreciate them as much as I did. I did not come here to fight, but that is obviously what you wanted, since you came on my thread. I did not go and advertise my gear at lower prices in your thread, now did I?
Why should I feel bad that they purchased your gear? I already sold 3 of 5 lenses I had up for sale and that within 2 weeks. If I put the last 2 on fleabay, they'll easily sell. But I rather not deal with fleabay and rather the lenses get good homes to other enthusiasts.

I am now going to leave it at that. Maybe you can do the same and get off your high horse, oh mighty one.

Mods, if you feel this thread has taken a wrong turn, feel free to delete it. Maybe this is the wrong place to sell my lenses.

Please don't try to play yourself off as the victim. You put my post down to help your own sale, I merely corrected your math skills. If I am on a high horse, then your high horse is standing on a soap box.

Have a good one, good luck with your sale. *Unsubscribed*

Please don't try to play yourself off as the victim. You put my post down to help your own sale, I merely corrected you. If I am on a high horse, then your high horse is standing on a soap box.

Hey this isn't the first time you went and took a massive dump on someones FS thread...remember this one
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/201373-sale-af-s-nikkor-12-24mm-dx-4-0-g-ed-lens.html
You were so convinced that this guy was not selling a USA version of the lens.

Please don't try to play yourself off as the victim. You put my post down to help your own sale, I merely corrected you. If I am on a high horse, then your high horse is standing on a soap box.

Hey this isn't the first time you went and took a massive dump on someones FS thread...remember this one
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/201373-sale-af-s-nikkor-12-24mm-dx-4-0-g-ed-lens.html

Quick little one. Got in before I unsubscribed.

He refused to show the serial number as proof. I was not the only one suspicious of his defensiveness. As a prospective buyer to that post, I was entitled to know information about the lens before I sent them my money. I wasn't about to buy an imported lens for my girlfriend.

Completely arbitrary point nonetheless. You attacked me, or rather "took a dump on my FS thread" to put it in your terms.

I suggest you present yourself in a more tactful way in future posts and don't put other members down for your own gains.

Wow....you just can't let it go can you.

Mods, do me and other members a favor and just delete this thread. I'll start a new one where I hope Josh220 can stay out of it...thanks

He refused to show the serial number as proof. I was not the only one suspicious of his defensiveness. As a prospective buyer to that post, I was entitled to know information about the lens before I sent them my money. I wasn't about to buy an imported lens for my girlfriend.
No, but etiquette should have trumped by taking it to PMing rather than dump on his thread like that with such an accusatory tone.

BTW, mine came in a silver box also. Notice the large 5 on the side of the box. That's 5 years of protection.

1000303452_YFLF8-XL.jpg

/soapbox, carry on..........

BTW, mine came in a silver box also. Notice the large 5 on the side of the box. That's 5 years of protection.

As did mine and everyone else who purchased within that time period. Hence the need for the serial number to confirm the model.

Please let this thread die.

Most reactions

Back