WTT Rebel XS

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Might as well try, I have a Canon Rebel XS that I'd like to (attempt) to trade for a better canon model. I doubt anyone will offer, but it might work. ;)

Camera is in good shape, just over a year old, not damage.

Honestly, I didn't think anyone would be interested, and this is my only camera so I was hoping to up-trade with someone wanting to get out of the nicer cameras. Sorry. :er:

You will have much better luck just selling this for cash and then buying the model you want. You're looking for a very specific scenario which doesn't happen too often.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't happen, but figured I might as well try. :lol:

Ok, I guess I could possibly sell the Camera Body and Bag. I'm pretty sure there is more, let me check.

I was hoping to up-trade with someone wanting to get out of the nicer cameras. Sorry. :er:
Sell it, because ^^^that^^^ will never happen.

"Gee, why did I buy this fancy camera...? Maybe I can trade it with someone for a less fancy model." Good luck with that.

:lol:

So how much would this go for? I actually got it as a gift so I have no idea on the price.

Body only about $200, 300 with the kit lens. These cameras sell much easier with the lens, btw. Since you are in Alaska it seems like there would be less supply in the used market, so I'd put it on CL for $300 for the body or $400 with lens.

Check what people are paying for them on eBay. Be careful on your searches, because there is also a 35mm Canon Rebel XS. I just checked KEH, and it doesn't look like they have any. B&H is selling a used one with kit lens for $370.

Dang, the kit lens is the one I use most! :lol:

I just bought a 40D because I wanted more FPS and high ISO. It's not that much of an upgrade. The XS is a solid camera with even a 50 f/1.8 I'd keep what you have an learn from it. I didn't listen when people told me to do that and now I'm a few hundred bucks poorer. Even to do an almost straight trade in image quality for a 40D if you sold your camera and lens (assume you only have the kit lens for this scenario) You'll spend 20-80 bucks for a 40D then at least 120 on a lens.

Moral: keep what you have. Your camera was over 800 brand new and is not that dated except lack of video.

I just bought a 40D because I wanted more FPS and high ISO. It's not that much of an upgrade. The XS is a solid camera with even a 50 f/1.8 I'd keep what you have an learn from it. I didn't listen when people told me to do that and now I'm a few hundred bucks poorer. Even to do an almost straight trade in image quality for a 40D if you sold your camera and lens (assume you only have the kit lens for this scenario) You'll spend 20-80 bucks for a 40D then at least 120 on a lens.

Moral: keep what you have. Your camera was over 800 brand new and is not that dated except lack of video.
Hmm, all the people I've talked to on another forum said it was a good idea to upgrade. I got this camera on sale for $400. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back