Yashica MAT 124G!

I'll definitely want to try it out, and I'll absolutely let you know! I'm in an apartment, so no worries about a septic system. However the whole place is 'green' (LEED cert, etc) and I'm sure they'd appreciate me using non-chems. Or at least less chems... :geek::puke:

Having 120 file developed has become so expensive ($10-15 per 12 shot roll + shipping) that I'd jump right into developing and scanning your own.

Having 120 file developed has become so expensive ($10-15 per 12 shot roll + shipping) that I'd jump right into developing and scanning your own.

It is pricey.... But I don't know how often I'll get to shoot with it at first. I'll certainly switch to developing my own, but I like the idea of leaving the variable of development quality to the pros. This was if I'm screwing something up I at least know it's not something in my development process haha.

B&W film and an orange, yellow and green filter. To start.

Using Coloured Filters in Black and White Photography | Photography Mad

Filters in Black and White Photography

those will get you started

Great info in on those sites, thanks Mike

Developing film is pretty easy if you can follow directions, it is really all about putting chemicals into a tank in the right order and for the right amount of time. If you mess up, it doesn't tend to be in ways will generate small errors that lead to inconsistent photographs. It is much more common to make mistakes that lead to ruining the entire roll.

B&W film and an orange, yellow and green filter. To start.

Using Coloured Filters in Black and White Photography | Photography Mad

Filters in Black and White Photography

those will get you started
Mike, you are so right about the filters, BUT, point Matt in direction where he actually can buy those filters. Mat 124 has BAY-1 filter mount, nothing else. Almost impossible to find original filters (I never seen one), maybe is possible to find this:
http://www.rollaweek.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/bay-1-to-52mm-31.jpg
somewhere:
Bay 1 Adapter | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Developing film is pretty easy if you can follow directions, it is really all about putting chemicals into a tank in the right order and for the right amount of time. If you mess up, it doesn't tend to be in ways will generate small errors that lead to inconsistent photographs. It is much more common to make mistakes that lead to ruining the entire roll.

I'd like to avoid that too... LOL

Sweet camera. What you gonna shoot ? Colour or b&w ?

Nice! Looking forward to seeing pictures FROM the camera! :)

Looks like it's in excellent condition - congrats!

Now get out there and shoot. ;) Have fun!! I'm guessing you are about to fall in love.

Bay 1 filters are a bit of a pain to find. I just got rid of one. If I still had it, I would be sending it your way right now, since I currently don't have any Rolleiflexes/TLRs. eBay is your best bet for them-you can often find them in lots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back