Yay me!

ah ok that's why... the original is underexposed. I was able to make it a bit better from the color original, but not a ton.

Jen, do you happen to have this in RAW? Or did you shoot jpeg?

JPEG. I have been reading a lot on here about RAW lately though... that will be my next lesson!

Ah, that's a shame. Could have recovered that lost stop and been a-ok.

Still, very cute shot and you can still pull it off fine with a bit of brightening. No worries.

Why is the file in a dng format. That is a raw format. It doesn't make sense to shoot in jpeg and save it in a raw format.

If I was shooting in raw, I didn't know it! Like I said, I don't know much about raw... :confused:

What is your camera set to?

DNG is Adobe's RAW format... last I heard, I didn't think any of the camera vendors were using that yet, but I could be wrong.

I didn't see where there was a DNG file in this thread, but I could also be blind. :)

What is your camera set to?

DNG is Adobe's RAW format... last I heard, I didn't think any of the camera vendors were using that yet, but I could be wrong.

I didn't see where there was a DNG file in this thread, but I could also be blind. :)

I just looked (with the help of my manual!), and it's set to Large Fine Jpeg.

None of this means much to me yet... I can't wait til my photog class starts next week! :confused:

Ok, so you are taking JPEGs as I assumed.

Camera class should be fun. Enjoy it! :)

The two files I downloaded were dng files. I think what must be happening is that you have the option in the Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader set to convert to dng. Turn that off unless you are downloading raw files. It's in the advanced dialog box.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back