YAYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
...adn you guys act like there gonna stick it ont he shelf and someones gonna buy it and be stuck im returning it as BROKEN!!!!
For many stores, it's exactly what happens.

I purchased something for my wife for Christmas a few years ago. It was truely broken when I openned it (ie, damaged when purchased, not damaged by me or by use.) A few days after taking it back for a refund, I found the same box sitting on the shelf. I know it was the exact item I returned, I could tell by the condition of the box.

How do you find this not bad? Your argument claims that it's perfectly ok to steal from a wealthy man because he'd probably have enough money left over he wouldn't notice it was missing. You're also setting an example (for your child whether he/she finds out you did this or not) that it's acceptable to lie in order to get things you don't deserve.

Your logic in how this is ok is completely flawed.

Sing it, Sistah!

Och , i get so tired of all this dishonesty stuff that people do. I t makes life harder for the rest of us. its usually the other guy that pays for a thief.

how do u guys find this bad. you act like it will hurt Nikons pockets theyll throw it out like they do 7000 others a day that are defective, broken, etc it dont bother them. sorry but im far from rich and dont have another 500dollars to dish out on it.. adn you guys act like there gonna stick it ont he shelf and someones gonna buy it and be stuck im returning it as BROKEN!!!!

What it does or does not do to Walmart and/or Nikon's pockets is completely irrelevent to the arguement. There is no grey, it is a yes/no question. If you take the broken one back to Walmart and get money for it, you are stealing.

And like Andrea said, that is a great example you are setting for your child. Why not show that sometimes you have to work hard, save, and wait for something you really want.

Also, by doing things like this, you are affecting ALL OF US. All manufacturers and retailers have the cost of things like this built into the prices we pay because they know people will steal from them. If everyone was ethical, prices on everything would be lower because the manufacturers and retailers wouldn't have to increase prices to cover for this kind of abuse/theft.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkDMWJfQXRU[/ame]

What it does or does not do to Walmart and/or Nikon's pockets is completely irrelevent to the arguement. There is no grey, it is a yes/no question. If you take the broken one back to Walmart and get money for it, you are stealing.

plenty of grey areas... if you were starving and stole food to survive it would still be stealing. If you were ethical about it you would starve to death. Depends on what you consider 'stealing'.

well im gonna return it new. im gonna return it and say its broke. which they will just send it back to nikon..[/quote]

Course it broke....it was a Nike-on. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

plenty of grey areas... if you were starving and stole food to survive it would still be stealing. If you were ethical about it you would starve to death. Depends on what you consider 'stealing'.

From Miriam Webster: "to take or appropriate without right or leave and with intent to keep or make use of wrongfully"

Guilt or innocence is determined by whether you did the deed or not. We just create the excuses to try and justify our actions.

He must know deep down that it's wrong. It's the fact he chose to post it on the forum (ie brag about it) under a thread title of 'Yayy' that really makes me shake my head.

You should just get it repaired, or buy a new one..You're making it harder for us (the honest people).. Just pay for your stuff like everyone else and don't be greedy..

A Nikon D40 body isn't even that expensive, is it??

A Nikon D40 body isn't even that expensive, is it??
It is to me. Though if people didn't break things of their own fault then return them to stores, it might not have to be too expensive to me.

kalmkidd, you must have known when you started this thread that it wouldn't go over well...
(You didn't really expect everyone to say that it's OK, did you?)

I'd be lying if I said I've never stolen anything. Actually, I have very little respect for 'rules' in general. I don't think I would start a thread bragging about it though.

And I think, eventually, they will figure out what happened. The serial number on the box won't match the one on the camera. If they'll have a way to trace that back to you is anyone's guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back