Yea! I be an perfeshunal!

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some.photos of the kids the other day, and my mother wanted some 8x10 prints. I went on the intrawebs, and ordered a couple of prints to her local neighborhood Walgreens, so she could pick them up. When she got there, the person at the lab said they would need a release signed by the "professional" photomaker.

My father laughed and said "he's no professional, that's just my son"

The person at the lab promptly handed the photos over. :lol:

*A note* yes, I realize this doesn't mean I'm a professional, I just thought it was a good story. Besides, it gave me a 3 second warm fuzzy. :D

My father laughed and said "he's no professional, that's just my son"
The person at the lab promptly handed the photos over. :lol:

If that's all it took, the person at the lab probably asks if you'd like to "make that a large for only 30¢ more" for their moonlighting job.

If that's all it took, the person at the lab probably asks if you'd like to "make that a large for only 30¢ more" for their moonlighting job.

Its Walgreens....... id bet they don't have their doctorate.....

Besides my Dad is a regular there, and knows the lab tech by name. That probably helped.

Ahh, yes.. the first time being asked for a copyright release. It's kind of an awesome feeling. :thumbup:

If I were a manager for one of these places, I'd tell my workers to ask for a copyright release any time the pictures look like they're more than just a snapshot. Boosting someone's confidence might be a good way to increase sales. What do you think?

Is it true they ask for a release from the copyright comment in the metadata? That's what I always thought at least, but I might be wrong.

I printed up some greeting cards last december at a local big box and was asked for a release on the basis that there was a "Professional background" (Black bedsheet) used in the photo on the cards.

Most reactions

Back