yeah for me

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so I'm not normally one to brag about things, but there's always the exception.

For those who've been playing along (or reading my blog from the beginning), you will know that it's been a bit of a hard year here at America's premiere space agency. So, I promised myself that when I got my promotion, I would buy myself something nice that I've wanted for a long time. Well, that something was a moon-phase watch.

So, over the weekend I fulfilled my promise to myself, and I bought this watch.

Just wanted to show off a little.

Thanks.

Cool. I love stainless steel. :thumbup:

Wear that flashy thing to the DC meetup so we can all meet it for real! :lol:

Congrats on getting a goody!

Wow...I don't think I'd ever spend that much on a watch!!! Course...I don't really wear watches!

Congrats though! It's always cool to get something you reeeally want. :)

Thanks.

Terri, I'm wearing it now!

Corry, don't worry...I didn't spend as much as the MSRP lists. Like all good Jews, I have a cousin in the jewelry business, so I got it for a substantially lower price!

I do love it, but it's really heavy, and I haven't worn a watch in years...so it's taking some getting used to.

jocose said:
Corry, don't worry...I didn't spend as much as the MSRP lists. Like all good Jews, I have a cousin in the jewelry business, so I got it for a substantially lower price!

HAHA, sorry, my girlfriend is jewish and so I can relate to the story (well, not exactly, but close enough).

anyways, congrats on the watch and the raise. Now hurry up and get us to Mars already :p

I'm working on it :lmao:

We're launching New Horizons today, which is going to Pluto (but it's unmanned...but I could think of a few people I wouldn't mind putting in the capsule!!).

jocose said:
Thanks.

Terri, I'm wearing it now!

I do love it, but it's really heavy, and I haven't worn a watch in years...so it's taking some getting used to.
Congrats bro. I was looking at Eco-drives this evening after stopping past my moms. I almost bought two different models, but I had to do the "responsible" thing and walk away. I hate being responsible sometimes.

On a better note, I did get my flash unit(well ordered it anyway, waiting for it to arrive at the store). Minolta 5600 HS D SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jocose said:
I'm working on it :lmao:

We're launching New Horizons today, which is going to Pluto (but it's unmanned...but I could think of a few people I wouldn't mind putting in the capsule!!).
Apparently not. :p It looks like tomorrow. ;)

That's a nice watch, but I think you should have spent the money on some photography gear :lol:

Unimaxium said:
Apparently not. :p It looks like tomorrow. ;)

That's a nice watch, but I think you should have spent the money on some photography gear :lol:

yea...stupid wind. Hopefully today, but the weather is supposed to be worse. I had the tv on in cube...it was so sad...at the built-in 4 minute hold at t-15 minutes, they kept pushing the restart of the countdown back and back until they hit the end of the window for the day. The real problem is that the next big window (there are windows within windows--each day has a launch window, but the bigger window can span several days) is several years from now, so we need to get that badboy of the ground!

Everyone cross their fingers!

kelox said:
Congrats bro. I was looking at Eco-drives this evening after stopping past my moms. I almost bought two different models, but I had to do the "responsible" thing and walk away. I hate being responsible sometimes.

On a better note, I did get my flash unit(well ordered it anyway, waiting for it to arrive at the store). Minolta 5600 HS D SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one were you looking at?

kelox said:
A moon phase from the Calibre collection and a chronograph from the same collection.

cool, dude...I got the moon phase so you should get the chronograph and then we can be like watch brothers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back