Yearly recap

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone else take the time to look over what they have done and accomplished over a year in photography? From the progress made exploring a new style, learning, photo stories and projects that are finished...

I made the big switch to full time photographer 2 years ago and it's been a wild (and very rough) ride. Made a little recap of my 2014 best of show images, in case anyone is interested in reading.

Up next week is best of street photos and best travel photos :)

Best of the best show photos for 2014 | Montreal Concert Photographer - Pierre B Photo

Beautiful clean work OP!

I don't do a yearly review that much. Being a concert photog you may like my Whoop Whoop project below. I've only been to 1 rock concert in 1971 before shooting Whoop Whoop. I had no all access pass nor any concert experience. But I still got some nice stuff with just buying a ticket to get in.

Here is my rundown...

I worked up to the end of 2103 developing new projects and carry over some work into 2014. I had finished printing and shipping my second artists' book Portfolio Peering Into the World of 1970's Hollywood and L.A.

In late 2013 I had started on a project to honor the 50th anniversary of Ed Ruscha's Twenty-six Gasoline Stations project which was considered the first modern artists' book.

Twenty-Six Roadkills

In late 2013 I started work on the landmark Encyclopedia of Photographic and Fine Art Ink Jet Printing Media. Even with running 2 to 3 printers it proved to be a very time consuming project taking almost a year to finish the 72 hand printed books. In Late 2014 I started to ship sets of the Encyclopedia. The first set went to the Center of Creative Photography at University of Arizona. I have proposals out for the remaining sets to the major museums in the US and 1 in Europe.

The National Media Museum in the UK, which manages the Royal Photographic Societies collection, had accepted a set, but the $1000+ Fed-X delivery bill blew up the acquisition.

Encyclopedia Photographic Ink Jet Printing Media

In early 2014 I came out with another landmark artists' book on self-harm...Cutters: There is nothing I hate more than myself. Now, there are books on self-harm. but nothing worldwide that goes into the depth and scope that mine does when it comes to documenting cutting.
I had to put my Bikers' Mardi Gras project on hold due to all the work with these projects The book was completely shot, it was only a matter of putting it together. That is what I'm doing now. I hope to have a maquette done by late January 2015.

Future book projects I started in 2014. They are pretty much all shot. I just don't have the time to print the books.

Whoop Whoop

Circle (name pro tem)

Doing anything worthwhile with photography is very tough nowadays. I am winding things up with my photography. I started to sell off a lot of my gear that I can do without. I've placed thousand of prints with most of the major public collections around the world. In fact, I probably hold the world record for placing the largest number of original photography with public institutions in the shortest time.

The problem is the institutions will not collect all of a photographers output. They will only collect a sampling of their entire output. (Unless they acquire the whole archive after the artist dies.) So in my case not much to do with more and more photos. I am a museum photographer and not a Flickr photog. If I can't place work with museums it kidna put a damper on my interest. I have enough projects to finish for the next 3 years. So will see how things go. If you have freezing time in your blood, you must keep pressing the button. So one can only divorce photography so much from your life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry ilovemycam, but a couple of those links were just a little too NSFW for this forum! ;)

Does anyone else take the time to look over what they have done and accomplished over a year in photography?

Nah...I remember the junk shots without needing any reminder. And there aren't many decent ones, so fairly easy to remember.

Most reactions

Back