yeeee haarrr...... archy the cowboy!...>

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yeeeeee haaaarrrrrr!.......... yep so i was just playing around with my cowboy hat that i got brought back from one of the southern states..... I know its a bit novelty..... but being a brit i always wanted to play cowboy when i was a kid..... but not in the brokeback mountain kinda way....... you know what i mean ;) ..... so try and get that out of head to start with...(begs the question why i even mentioned it)......

So these are just for fun..... thinking maybe i could give one to my mother as a very late mothers day prezzie....... but on the more serious side i do need the practice with using light etc..... and i aint got anyone else to practice on...... wonder if you could give your opinions on a few things....

Firstly is the light ok..... i thought it challenging to try and get the light even when wearing a large rimmed hat..... I used natural window light and white board......

Second..... is the processing ok..... i didnt want to remove too much and make it look unatural.....

Third...... i wanna know what your preference is for the last one..... b+w or sepia?..... (for my mother) ;)

First one i know the bg sucks. so i tried bluring it out a bit more....

me-cow4.jpg

me-cow3.jpg

B+w or sepia..... and yes (believe it or not) i am smiling in this one....

me-cow-newcopy.jpg

me-cow-new.jpg

So how am i driving?...... any opinions would be appreciated...... bearing in mind i couldn't see through the viewfinder...... all these were done on remote release........ do you think my mom will like one of em?...... your still thinking about brokeback mountain arn't you.......... :er:

Erm!!!! never seen it.....
I don't know anything about people photography but these look good to me all except the second (why are you leaning over the bed like that??)
1st and 3rd for me.
And that's a smile...looks like your trying your hardest not to.
I think Mom will be pleased.

I am too:drool:to speak for the moment................................ :heart: ... where is my swoon-smiley?
1.gif

Thanks ken...... i chose that position in the second just cuz there was loads of light there....... and it was bouncing off the shiny bed surface..... and yea i dont like smiling...... its the only photo iv ever took of me were im not scowling.. but its for my mum...... so i thought i'd try and make an effort.

Lafoto....... you funny :lol:

:lol: ....... thanks guys....... brokeback mountain is about two gay cowboys ;) ..... when my parents came back from america, they bought back two things for me, this hat and a 'San Francisco' t-shirt...... so i figured they might be trying to tell me summin..... i took em both in work and someone started a poll, which makes me look most camp....... luckly the t-shirt won........ just...... however both of my gay friends said the hat...... :lol:

tuff call on the last shot arch....they're both very good. think I'll go for the BW cos there's more detail in the shadows, not that your mom will give a hoot. she'll jus be glad to see her not-scowling son :)

um....I had no idea you were such a stud... :blushing: It's gotten so warm all of a sudden.... :lol:

Okay, all kidding aside (except I wasn't kidding) there's really not a bad one here. Your parents would be happy with any one of them, I'm thinking. You did a very nice posing job for not being able to "see" yourself, too. :thumbup:

I like the sepia one the best, it seems to go nicely with the hat. :D

Fantastic self portraits! It's not easy to get a natural expression when you're worrying about timers and focus :D Of the last two I prefer the sepia version. I think you did a great job with the lighting. Working with hats (esp. a large one like this) is hard. If you wanted to, you could experiment with a reflector to get some more light in your eyes in the first one. A great series :thumbsup:

Ooo, I agree with LaFoto & Terri. You look great:blushing: I like the sepia #3. I think mom will be quite pleased with the smile.

great photographs, or as my girlfrend who is siting on my lap looking at these with me said "He's cute" lol (fight). great shots buddy :thumbup:

Great shots Arch. Ya should be in movies man. For your Momma, I think the sepia shot is cool.

they all look spot on. so is the processing

BTW Arch, just cos you've got a cowboy hat on you don't have to spell it "Mom" ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back