yes, i still collect dragons.

John_05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
its been a while since i had time to post pics here, but ive had some free time to do more than browse the forum and learn, so i thought i would post a couple shots i took a couple days ago. these are 2 of the dragons in my collection i havent posted yet.

i got an early christmas present which consisted of 2 light tents, 2 lights, a tripod and a carrying case for everything. i was eager to experiment with them, so i naturally chose to shoot my dragons. for it being the first time ive ever used a tent to shoot, i think they came out decent, but id appreciate any C&C anyone has.

e47cb4bbc8ab7346632b8bbd45cb5d0d.jpg

267623544c9496da7384a7bbc0a16aea.jpg

thanks for looking, and for any advice anyone can give me. :thumbup:

Very good seems perfect to me ! :D

Congrats on the early gifts. Really cool shots. The first is my fave of the two.

thanks Ab$olut and Chiller. :thumbup:

i figured of the 2, the first would be the one you liked better Chiller. if all goes well, ill have a shot or 2 of another dragon you will probably like even more.

a friend of mine has a dragon, but its a skeleton of a dragon. its about 2.5 feet long and the wingspan is roughly 4 feet. ive never seen one like it, so im really hoping he will sell it to me. if not, ill just keep looking on the net for one. :lol:

Cool.
A light tent ... I think I might want one, too.
Alas! There'll be NO presents this year. Neither for Christmas nor for my birthday. Nothing :cry:

As to your pics here: nothing wrong with them. You seem to be using your early present well already!

Great job. I like #2 better, because in #1 there still seems to be stuff going on in the background.

pascal

LaFoto said:
Cool.
A light tent ... I think I might want one, too.
Alas! There'll be NO presents this year. Neither for Christmas nor for my birthday. Nothing :cry:

As to your pics here: nothing wrong with them. You seem to be using your early present well already!

thank you LaFoto.

if youre interested, i can try to find out the name of the seller, but the set up i have was bought off of Ebay, and it was under $110 with shipping. it comes with a 12" and 36" light tent, 4 different colored backgrounds for each, a tripod, 2 lights rated at 5100k, and a carrying case for everything. i would have preferred not knowing what she spent on it, but she was worried that i might be concerned about them costing too much so she told me what the whole kit cost. after looking around a bit, i think she got a pretty good deal.

as for using it early, she gave it to me early so if there was a problem, she could return it before the 15 day limit was up. she also knows ive been wanting to shoot more, and since im not getting around that well right now, she thought it would be a good way for me to occupy my time, and practice shooting more with something ive never tried.

Puscas said:
Great job. I like #2 better, because in #1 there still seems to be stuff going on in the background.

thanks Puscas.

im not sure what you mean about stuff going on in the background in shot #1, so could you elaborate a little for me? i appreciate any comments or advice i can get to make my shots better. :thumbup:

Well, the dragonstatue in #1 is standing on something. That's visible and it shouldn't be, should it? And there's a purple(ish) beam (?) on the left side. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you want everything black in the background.

pascal

Puscas said:
Well, the dragonstatue in #1 is standing on something. That's visible and it shouldn't be, should it? And there's a purple(ish) beam (?) on the left side. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you want everything black in the background.

pascal

the first dragon is inside an egg, and that sits on the red base. its not sitting on anything else, so im not sure what youre seeing other than what i described.

as for a purplish beam? im not sure about that either. the entire background looks black to me. im not sure why youre seeing what you see, or why i dont. maybe it has something to do with the type of monitor you use, or maybe the way its calibrated? im not sure. i calibrated mine with Adobe Gamma, and re checked it with the calibration tool in PaintShop Pro X, and with a couple websites.

that's funny.....there is a grill like thing under the red base and then there's this purple beam. There could be someting wrong with my monitor, but what I am seeing is too obvious to be a calibration thing. Nobody else is seeing it? Well, maybe I'm just going crazy...:lol::lol:

pascal

No worries, Pascal. You are still sane. I can see it, too. Including the purplish beam starting at about the wing of the dragon on the left leading downwards. And the thing where this dragon-out-of-his-egg rested on is also to be seen.

I didn't notice it until you guys pointed it out. It's not THAT visable lol. I like the pictures. They remind me of that thing on the discovery channel about the dragons. And your title kinda sounded like it was a BAD thing to collect dragons. lol dragons are awesome.

LaFoto said:
No worries, Pascal. You are still sane. I can see it, too. Including the purplish beam starting at about the wing of the dragon on the left leading downwards. And the thing where this dragon-out-of-his-egg rested on is also to be seen.

Thanx LaFoto!

*calls shrink to cancel appointment*

pascal

Puscas said:
that's funny.....there is a grill like thing under the red base and then there's this purple beam. There could be someting wrong with my monitor, but what I am seeing is too obvious to be a calibration thing. Nobody else is seeing it? Well, maybe I'm just going crazy...:lol::lol:

pascal

ok. youre not going crazy. after checking my calibration, i realized it was slightly off, so i fixed it.

thats a base from another dragon i have that lights up. i completely forgot i had it on for that shot. my apologies for making you think youre going crazy. :lol:

Nurd said:
I didn't notice it until you guys pointed it out. It's not THAT visable lol. I like the pictures. They remind me of that thing on the discovery channel about the dragons. And your title kinda sounded like it was a BAD thing to collect dragons. lol dragons are awesome.

i still have a hard time seeing it too, but its slightly more moticeable now with my calibration set right.

i didnt think the title sounded bad, but i suppose to some it might. i love dragons. i have a couple hundred in my collection.

Most reactions

Back