jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There are some wonderful hummingbird shots out there! With the return of the hummingbirds has come overcast skies and rain, and these shots were taken while it was raining. Focus on some if iffy, because these little guys are really, really fast, and my camera was struggling to get them in focus. There was a lot of noise as well, since I'm experimenting with using the Tv (shutter priority) setting instead of full manual, so ISO got pretty high on some of these.

aug18202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug18202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug18202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug18202204 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug18202205 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug18202206 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

They all look great! Nice work!

I like #3. Not sure if it is landing or leaving but shows nice action.

I like #3. Not sure if it is landing or leaving but shows nice action.
Thanks! I believe it was incoming on that one. It was very busy landing and taking off and landing and in constant motion.
Nice ones.
Thanks!

Great set! yes they are soooo fast!! And so small. Some I have seen are the size of my thumb! I really like #4 and #2.

Great set! yes they are soooo fast!! And so small. Some I have seen are the size of my thumb! I really like #4 and #2.
Thank you! I'm planning on adding two more feeders, since they are very territorial little things, and this one seems to be monopolizing the feeder right now.

Thank you! I'm planning on adding two more feeders, since they are very territorial little things, and this one seems to be monopolizing the feeder right now.

I've read that you should put additional feeders out of the direct line of sight of the other feeders as they are so territorial. I hung some bee balm in a hanging pot near the feeder and she started going there after the feeder which makes for a nice comp. I'm still trying to get a shot of the adult male ruby throated! He likes to keep his back to me when he is on the feeder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back