What's new

Yet Another Dramatic Shot

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
594
Reaction score
12
Location
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Some of you might recall not so long ago I posted a dramatic shot of the washington monument at sunset. Using a 12mm Tokina lens, I got some dreat distortions on this shot as well.
20060228225710_dramatic_washington_monument_2.jpg
 
the leaning tower of DC. :)

awesome shot Scott. i love the colors and distortion...and what a sky! nice work man!
 
Very cool. Love what you have done with the colours and great use of the distortion. Love it :thumbup:
 
i really like the look of that; not just the angle but the way it has been processed...well done.
Is that the 12-24 tokina f4? i want that lens
 
JonK said:
i really like the look of that; not just the angle but the way it has been processed...well done.
Is that the 12-24 tokina f4? i want that lens

Yes, it's the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124AF Pro DX. The lens runs about 500.00 new. It's a sweet lens. It's one lens in my kit I would replace over and over again if it ever were to get broken or stolen. Get one! I tried to Nikon 10mm fisheye right before I bought this and was not very impressed and thought the fisheye would have a limited use where the 12mm end of this lens can be used much more often and the distortions are minimal. It's built strong and rugged, all metal housing, yet it's light enough to walk around the city with all day. I am meeting with some friends tomorrow if it does not rain and I plan on using this lens to shoot some ghetto street scenes. I should have more postings from this lens soon.

Scott
 
wow, looks like the storms magnetic pull is sucking the iron out of that building..... very cool.............
( i just made that crap up, it sounds cool)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom