Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I wrote a while back about a Toshiba flash i had been loaned for use as an off-camera flash - NOT connected to the camera in any physical way - using an optical trigger. It worked lovely, when I'd figured the settings.

Well, I had to give that one back, but I did pick up a Sunpak Auto Zoom 3000 for a few pence. It works, and it works with the optical trigger, too. My question is that I want to get a better trigger system for this. My Canon 400d gives of focal-assist flashes (I think!) which can trigger the flash guns. Would I be better getting Infra red (?) triggers? If so, would anyone recomend a set with the camera sender and TWO triggers (I may be able to get the toshiba back :D )? I have V. Little money, so a cheap but reliable option - I am a little confused when I look on eBay as to the best buy.

Thanks

I just ordered Cybersync from Alienbees after some checking around. You can get cheaper ones off of ebay from china but I heard stories of long waits and getting bad units off the shelf. But I seen some that cost as low as 60 dollars for a a transmitter and 2 receivers. It might be worth the chance at that price.

Thanks. I have found a set on eBay at a fair price, in the UK too, so delivery SHOULD be reasonable. It's payday on Thursday, so will probably hit the Buy Now button and give it a go.

Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back