You can Help

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so the Girl has been bitching that she needs a vacation. Unfotunately, we don't have the money/leave to go on a real vacation (that will probably be in June).

So, she wants to go away for a long weekend in that last weekend of March/first weekend in April (3/30 - 4/3), making it a 4 day weekend on either side.

Anyway, the point of this post is to see where y'all think we should go.

I want someplace that will be good for pics.
She wants someplace to relax
I want someplace with some culture
She wants someplace warm

We both want good restaurants
We both want good walking around type places

Umm, I'm sure there's more, but I can't think.

So far here's our list of choices (but we aren't limited to it), and in no particular order:
  • Seattle
  • Portland, OR
  • Vancouver
  • Montreal
  • Toronto
  • Austin
  • Caribbean (not sure which island)
  • Arizona
So, what say all of you?

Thanks as always.

Come to Toronto.

Should be warmer then. Culture is insane. Little Italy, GreekTown, ChinaTown, Little India. Amazing food from all.

It's pretty cheap here. Entertainment is great.

CN Tower. Skydome.

Pictures would be great. Plus you can go spend a day in Niagara falls if you've never been. (1 hour drive)

AND the most important part! You COULD theoretically meet up with a couple of the Toronto TPF Crew....like ME!

Also, how old are you Jo?

I've been to Toronto and it was really good. The restaurant in the CN Tower is very nice. I remember I had caesar salad for starter can't remember the rest.

If you should go there bace has suggested places he knows and will bve better to get information off. However along with Niagra falls, definately check out Crawford Lake. Great photo ops, a really tranquil place. It's reasonably close although is the other side of lake ontario which is massive.

edit>> If you went to crawford lake on the way back at night you can see the CN tower across the lake...just thoguht I'd say.

MommyOf4Boys said:
San Antonio, TX
New Orleans, LA (yes, it is ok now)
Destin Beach, FL
Key West, FL
(Can you tell I am bias?) LOL
why would you come here?!?!

I live here....

I liked San Antonio when I was there.
It was definitely warm.
And offered lots of photo ops.
Actually it was HOT-HOT-HOT. I was there in August 1998.
And it offered more photo ops that I cared to take ... I rushed from airconditioned indoors to airconditioned indoors (well, not quite, but almost, and also the camera I had at the time was cr**pier than cr**).

MommyOf4Boys said:
San Antonio, TX
Destin Beach, FL
Key West, FL
I'm excited to see NOLA! I'll be down the weekend of the 26th of March to see Tulane.

I second the Florida Keys. If you aren't into Key West you can stay at a key that is farther north (my family usually stays on Marathon) and take a day trip to Key West.

bace said:
Come to Toronto.

Should be warmer then. Culture is insane. Little Italy, GreekTown, ChinaTown, Little India. Amazing food from all.

It's pretty cheap here. Entertainment is great.

CN Tower. Skydome.

Pictures would be great. Plus you can go spend a day in Niagara falls if you've never been. (1 hour drive)

AND the most important part! You COULD theoretically meet up with a couple of the Toronto TPF Crew....like ME!
Not to mention that Niagara Falls and ME are just less than 2 hours away!!

If you can swing it. Do a Caribbean trip. Check out Bahamas, or AVIs. (St. Thomas, St. John, or St. Croix) no passport needed there.

Toronto is way more fun. We even have food from the Caribean.

We are the worlds melting pot.

Reconize.

MommyOf4Boys said:
San Antonio, TX
Destin Beach, FL
Key West, FL
Destin was a beautiful place but I lived there 8 years and watched it grow into an unmanaged tourist trap. Traffic is horrendous almost all year-round. There is no culture or history to speak of - no museums, theatres, etc. The beautiful white sands have been demolished by recent hurricanes and what little beach is left is considered "private" by high-rises, condos, and gated communities. I loved living there - it had been a dream of mine for a long time - but now that I'm gone, I have no desire to return. Besides, it's expensive as hell. Just one man's opinion and we know what those are like...:greenpbl:

Oh, yeah, the question... go to Miami. It's got everything you asked for. South Beach is a trip...

MONTREAL!
we have... huh... the olympic stadium :er:

seriously though, if you want a real vaccation, go to the caribbean and have a real good time in the sun :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back