You ever get an inquiry that just makes you think, "Please don't book me!!!"??

or you can change your niche to selfies with cats...

just wait till i drape my full-sized american flag and figure out a good way to hold my 3 cats...

My clients thus far have been AMAZEBALLS... but I just know I'll eventually get that ONE... that ONE royal pain in the ass that makes me question why I'm even bothering to interact with other human beings...

I just got one of those inquiries.

She wanted to know about my senior modeling program, and I apologized and let her know that it was over, and that I overlooked taking down the banner on my Facebook business page.

Then she wanted to know if, since it was still up, if I could make an exception for them.

NO.

That's a huge red flag to me.

You like my work, but you want a deal... I don't wanna work with you.

So I politely responded that even if I made an exception due to the cutoff date and the banner still being up, her daughter wouldn't qualify, because I have already met the quota for her school. And then I told her to feel free to message if she had any further questions.

I am 90% sure I will never hear from her again... but 10% of me is terrified that she's going to want to schedule a pre-shoot consultation and it's going to be painful and awkward and... no.

Please don't book me. I'm not right for you. And you're not right for me. :lol:

[And to those of you about to swing in here saying, "Work is work, is work, is work! Of COURSE I'd take them, and I'd make a BILLION exceptions for them if it meant them spending even half of what I usually charge!!!" -- I have a full-time job. Do I WANT to eventually go FT with photography? Yes. BUT... I have a full-time job... which means I get to be selective about my clientele base and how exactly I want to build my brand and my bidnezz if I so choose to. :sexywink: ]

I had another client once schedule a pre-shoot consultation, and I knew from the first e-mail they weren't going to book.

I met with them anyway, but I went in with the mindset, "They're not going to book, so when they don't, don't be sad or surprised. And if they do... it's a PLEASANT surprise!" -- I wouldn't have MINDED working with them though. I just knew they wouldn't book, because I have a very particular client base and they weren't it. :lol:

THIS one, however... this one already has me nervous, so I hope she looks at that PDF I sent her and sh*ts her pants over how "expensive" I am and moves on. (That's another great qualifier for the kind of clients I want. "You charge HOW much?!" :lmao: )

I dont have anything of real importance to say other than your energy level on the forum is wonderfully intoxicating.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back