You float like a feather...

Well, it certainly has bokeh. :lmao: I find the blue tones pleasing. Lack of detail is actually interesting. What are we looking at?

Edit: link no worky for me.

Hmmm.. No idea why the link shouldn't work for you, it seems fine here.

As to the image, it's a 'view' across Lake Windemere from the north end of the Lake near Ambleside. The 'hills' are the Langdale range that can be seen from there. I can't actually remember whether I did this deliberately or it was an accident, I quite liked the result though.

The blue colour comes from a cross-process curves preset I downloaded a while back - it's much more usable than the built in PS one - with the opacity dropped off a little.

I think a small bit of foreground interest would add tremendously to this photo's appeal...maybe pasting in a dragonfly, damselfly, craine fly, or even a floating goose-down feather would add impact. ONe summer I worked on shots like this where the foreground interest was clouds of gnats that gathered around evening time, using a 400mm lens wide open around dusk.

I did see a photograph very much like this not too long ago in a bokeh article; in that photo, the foreground was the mesh of a screen door, and the entire scene was much like your shot, out of focus water and such.

this shot has something that catches my eye. Is both relaxing and minimalist. Definetly strange and different, I like it.

I think a small bit of foreground interest would add tremendously to this photo's appeal...maybe pasting in a dragonfly, damselfly, craine fly, or even a floating goose-down feather would add impact. ONe summer I worked on shots like this where the foreground interest was clouds of gnats that gathered around evening time, using a 400mm lens wide open around dusk.

I did see a photograph very much like this not too long ago in a bokeh article; in that photo, the foreground was the mesh of a screen door, and the entire scene was much like your shot, out of focus water and such.

I agree. I find it very abstract. I don't feel the relationship you suggest in the title.

I think a small bit of foreground interest would add tremendously to this photo's appeal...maybe pasting in a dragonfly, damselfly, craine fly, or even a floating goose-down feather would add impact.

I like the way my eyes continually search through the fuzziness. I think if there were any object in this image in clear focus it would detract because your eyes would get stuck there. Just my .02.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back