you love, hate, or indifferent about my barrel race photos- first try let me know!

SadiJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First try at capturing barrel race shots and first day with a Canon 7D

$barrel raceoctoberbarrel two turn2011.jpg$barrel raceoctoberhappy homestretch2011.jpg$barrel raceoctoberk girl barrel two go turn2011.jpg
$barrel raceoctoberk girl home stretch2011.jpg$barrel raceoctoberbarrel one2011.jpg$barrel raceoctoberlets go2011.jpg

They're a good start, but the sun wasn't your friend, and some of the exposures are lacking detail due to deep shadow. As well, choose yoru shooting position carefully, and watch your backgrounds. They're rather busy and distracting. The use of a much larger aperture would have helped to isolate the subject from the background. For reference, here is a set of images I should a couple of years ago featuring barrel-racing as a breast-cancer fund-raiser.

Edited to add: I don't really understand the composition of the last one; it looks like the rider and horse have been cut in half...

tirediron... thank you so much! critque is very helpful...:thumbup: Nice reference shots.

The action is there but the shooting angle doesn't look right to me. I honestly have to say that I haven't shot this type of activity and perhaps the angles are correct. As the others have said the backgrounds really take away everything from the subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back