You want people to search.. BUT

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But.. sometimes your search doesnt yield a result that you want, or you made a mistake with your search setting, then you have to wait 30 second to research. Is it really necessary to limit it to 30 second? Do we really have THAT many people?

Get rid of that setting and I guarantee (me at least) will use the search function more often!

But.. sometimes your search doesnt yield a result that you want, or you made a mistake with your search setting, then you have to wait 30 second to research. Is it really necessary to limit it to 30 second? Do we really have THAT many people?

Get rid of that setting and I guarantee (me at least) will use the search function more often!
^^^ +1

I think that the limit in place is a standard time frame for all vbulletin forums. Also the limit is there mostly to help stop any auto codes on the net overloading the server by spamming endless search requests to the site.

I think the wait is to prevent some hacker from running a script that searches the site and bring down the server do to thousands of search queries in 10 seconds.

My tip for search is change the "search in" from thread to tittle. I yield better results that way.

I know how to search.. but sometimes you forgot to add a word. I dont know.. I have been in a car forum with so many more members than this, they didnt limit the search like here.

Another tip I have is if I have two or more queries, I enclosed them in " " so that it searches for both rather one or the other. I think + works also.

Is this really something to complain about? If you dont have 30 seconds to spare what are you even doing on the computer? Its only 30 seconds. Its amazing the things people will complain about.

Is this really something to complain about? If you dont have 30 seconds to spare what are you even doing on the computer? Its only 30 seconds. Its amazing the things people will complain about.

You are right.. I just stop complaining and not use the search function. I dont think you get what I mean. You sounded whinier than me asking the question.

You are right.. I just stop complaining and not use the search function. I dont think you get what I mean. You sounded whinier than me asking the question.

I understand what you mean. You want everything right now and dont want to wait 30 freaking seconds to have to redo a search that you screwed up to begin with. Like I said the stuff people complain about is amazing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back