Your best insomnia cures!

High potency Cannabis

Turn off all the artificial light...

I read a study once about how staring at a computer monitor or tv messes up the body's melatonin cycles, because the light makes it ambiguous whether it's night time or not.

Sometimes I'll put on some ambient music, if I need something else to focus on besides my own thoughts. (see Stars of the Lid, Slow Dancing Society, Eluvium, Diatonis, etc...)

Working out once a day even if just walking around the block really helps me sleep at night. And yeah not doing anything to excite you a few hours before bed also helps. For me this includes video games, TV series/movies I really like, making purchases online, researching stuff.

High potency Cannabis

That does not make me sleep :)

Too inspiring, I end up wanting to shoot photos or cook random food or something instead of going to bed... mayhaps what I have access to is too Sativa weighted...

I very rarely have trouble getting to sleep...what I have trouble with is staying awake! :lol:

On the very few occasions that I've had trouble falling asleep, or (more often) wake up and can't get BACK to sleep, what helps me the most is:
A warm glass of milk, or tea.
No extra lighting on, just enough to read by.
Stay under covers so I stay warm, which helps me get sleepy sometimes.
Read something difficult to understand--a technical manual, a tax document, something like that. NOT a novel or something easy to read, "eye candy" that sucks you in and keeps you reading. Something that wears you out to try to read it, and...well...puts you to sleep.

Last edited:
Try melatonin....that natural and it's working well

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Panache avec Tapatalk

Go to TPF and read threads like this!:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back