Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to figure out a logo for my website (which I have yet to create) core-photography.com. I want to incorporate this photo if possible (or one like it..I did several) into my logo...I think. I really am clueless about this sort of thing, and I can't think of ANY ideas!!!!

Can anyone give me some tips or suggestions? ANYTHING would be appreciated!!!

Here's the photo:

WEBAPPLE.jpg

Maybe a shot that actually shows an apple core would be a bit more appropriate? You could do a pic like this but maybe in progression, like a core on one end, and full apple on the other with the process in between. That's about the extent of my creativity at the moment but I'll think on it :)

And also...if anyone could give me some help on how to get started on creating a website...I know absolutely nothing. For me, it's like I'm in 3rd grade and I suddenly have to learn calculous or something.

what kind of look are you wanting? professional? Comical?
What do you think of core-photography.com winding in and out of the apples? Thats just a basic idea.
Also give me some idea on what kind of look you're going for though.

I have no idea...I'm looking for tips and suggestions to get me started. I have no ideas in my head at all. I'm so frustrated, and my boyfriend isn't helping a bit.

Well Corry,
I used to design logos a lot...
Do you want this logo to be on your business cards, envelopes, etc..? If you want something like that then you need to keep it very simple and to the point. (even if it has nothing to do with Core-photography) Take Apple computers for example, apples have nothing to do with computers.... but it's one of the most well-known logos out there.

Just an idea...

I agree with LittleMan, simple is best. My logo is actually just text, which makes it a lot easier for business cards, website, brochures, etc. As for a website, do you have access to Dreamweaver? That's what I used to design mine. For photography site keeping it focused on the actual photography is key. You can start out with just a main page, a contact page, a gallery page (or more than one if you want to do portraits, weddings, etc) and a pricing/packages page. People are looking for ease of use and ability to see samples of your work. Check out some website from photographers in your area to see what they include.

I do have dreamweaver, but I'm far from being able to use it. I started going through the tutorials and I felt like I was 2. I didn't understand anything. I know I need to keep it fairly simple, especially for business cards. But I thought I could make it slightly fancier (still simple though) for the website. Do you think I shouldn't use the photo (or one like it) at all?

It will be personal preference on the logo for the website. You can make it part of your pages or you can simplify it to maybe one apple and go from there. As for Dreamweaver it's not so hard once you get started. Check out Lynda Weinman's website for some great books on learning in a VERY easy to understand way. Check out the template and frames section, from there it's just putting in your text and photos.

I threw this together:
logo2.jpg

It's very simple, yet artistic (it needs to be artistic because you're a photographer)
This would print easily on business cards or paper easily.

I used Adobe Illustrator to make it. That is the best for making logos. :thumbup:

Hey Core,

Isn't your boyfriend a graphic designer...or close to it?

Big Mike said:
Hey Core,

Isn't your boyfriend a graphic designer...or close to it?

Yes...read above...he's not any help. He can't seem to understand that this is all gibberish to me, and he is making me feel stupid. I need to learn this from the point of view of someone CLUELESS not from the point of view of someone who actually knows something.

"Maybe a shot that actually shows an apple core would be a bit more appropriate?" I had the same thought.

The picture i kind of...flat isnt it? *shrugs*

I like that logo littleman!

If you want to steal my layout, go ahead Core :) lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back