Your PP 'Workflow'(Lightroom 2)

tenlientl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So what do you guys adjust in LR2 first? ATM, I adjust WB first, then Contrast, then Exposure, Brightness, then Clarity/Vibrance/Saturation.

And TBH, when I make adjustments, I don't know which one is better? The first adjustment I did nor the second one. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? What I like the most is probably the "better" one.

But what do you guys think?

First of all, let me say Lightroom 2 is the single best piece of photo-related software I have ever used. I don't have enough good things to say about it.

That said, I am pretty random. I just pick out things I want to fix and start attacking until I'm satisfied, but it usually follows a pretty rough pattern. It also depends what I'm shooting- the vast majority of my Lightroom work lately has been organizing and editing scans of my black and white negatives, which are coming from CVS or Wal-Mart or something of that nature and are therefore pretty much always awful.

As for what to do about the first or second adjustments, I usually make a virtual copy once I'm happy with my first edit and try anything else I'd like to do, then compare them. Sometimes I keep one or the other, sometimes I keep both.

the first thing I do is check to see what the auto options give me... but they usually suck.. so then i move onto exposure, then recovery, then fill light.. if its skate photography, i like to mess around with the clarity.. it just seems to make some of those shots really pop... some saturation, depending on the subject.. then i get into the colors.

what's the diff between pse and lightroom? by what's listed here it seems that the adjustments are the same, but when i look at lightroom, the price is double/triple that of pse...just want to know what the diff is to warrant that amount.

lightroom just has a great layout and workflow... its awesome. and theres a lot more than the few things listed here in it...

Lightroom-2.0-beta-release.jpg

its really good if your a photographer (on the business side) because in print, you can print things just like a studio package would be... its just great..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back