What's new

You're Being Watched.

flygning

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
372
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4thofJoo-lie304e1.jpg


I was strolling through Bisbee taking pictures of all the interesting sights and crazy people when I felt like I was being watched.

I love the bright colors of the door and the wheelbarrow. I wanted the foreground to be blurred, but I'm not sure if I like the affect. Is it too distracting, or does it work for you?

Let me know what you think!
 
Cool shot! I love the colors in that one.

I too felt like I was being watched in Bisbee, but it wasn't by a cat! :evil:
 
Thanks for looking :)

Bisbee is full of creepies, isn't it? We met some fairly tame crazies, and one of my high school teachers, but we didn't any of the really bad ones. Pretty lucky too, or the boy would have made me go home earlier than he did.
 
Actually we had a pretty scary experience in Bisbee. Haven't been back since.
 
I really like the DOF on that image, but I would've liked it perhaps a tiny bit shallower. I'd be able to get tons of those kinds of pics where I live, there are cats EVERYWHERE :D. But with old dustbins & blocks of flats as backgrounds, not quite as aesthetic.

Not saying that that photo isn't impressive, it's fantastic :mrgreen:.
 
The scene you spotted is nice. That cat was certainly watching you! The colours of the building, door, wheelbarrow are all very nice. Crisp focus.
But the wilted leaves in the foreground ... grrr!
Couldn't you go pull them out first (no, I know you wouldn't! The cat would have run away!)
How about asking one of the real PS whizzes if they can clone out those leaves for you? Put it into the Photoshop Challenges and see what can be done. I think the photo as such will gain through the treatment.
 
Very nice capture, I wonder what the same image would look like without the fence. Great capture!
 
Thanks everyone. Like I said, I did want the leaves in the foreground, but yeah, a shallower DoF would have been great. I'm still getting a feel for what effect my minimum and maximum apertures really produce.

I also considered cloning out the leaves, for my own practice, but I'm sure the result wouldn't be worthy of posting anywhere. If I ever feel the need to print it, I'll consider having a 'pro' help me with that :)

Again, thanks for your input, everyone!
 
The scene you spotted is nice. That cat was certainly watching you! The colours of the building, door, wheelbarrow are all very nice. Crisp focus.
But the wilted leaves in the foreground ... grrr!
Couldn't you go pull them out first (no, I know you wouldn't! The cat would have run away!)
How about asking one of the real PS whizzes if they can clone out those leaves for you? Put it into the Photoshop Challenges and see what can be done. I think the photo as such will gain through the treatment.

my thoughts exactly,
but i love how you have so many things that are interesting yet they blend well together.
 
I think the real distractor is the leaf immediately underneath the cat. You can see that it's bigger than the other leaves and also immediately adjacent to your main subject. You might try cloning it out and see what happens. I like the pic alot.
 
I like it much better -- would be interested in what the others say. What do you think?
 
Nice work Victoria!
 
I think the picture looks less...balanced? But it is less distracting now. Not sure how I feel, but I'm pretty proud of that clone job :-P
 
Nice job on the cloning! I like the picture but I would probably crop out that leaf on the upper left corner.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom