another begginer thread IM SORRY

rein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
again im sorry,but my eyes are hurting already. browsing through pages, search button is not on my side, i just have a couple of legal questions.

first off,ive been taking photos for a yr and a half, currently working on my website, ive also done a few "free" here and there photoshoots, one was was used for a local dj's cd cover. building my portfoilio little by little. im planning on focusing on events(weddings, debut, etc) and some portraits and automotive on the side.

question:

when am i considered a business and start paying taxes?

is it as soon as i get paid for what i do?

thanks again in advance, again im sorry if this has been covered before

you need to look into your local rules,
It is different everywhere. Usually you will need to get a buisness license.

i guess ill just have talk with a lawyer, thanks speed

Try contacting your local city/county government, that is usually who governs small business (as far as I know). There are also many sites and organizations who are there to help you 'start a small/home business'. As mentioned, things will vary from place to place, so you need to check things out in your location.

For the most part, the golden rule is that if you charge for goods and/or services, you have to pay tax on it.

There are several advantages to having your own company though, so do talk to a lawyer or better yet, an accountant.

ooh, so i can talk to my tax accountant right? hhm, thanks mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back