Awsome Sunset!!!

Kind words for me as always, huh Dave? :roll:

If it wasn't noticeable without going in and using the ruler tool, it would be different. Are we not supposed to point that sort of thing out?
Nothing personal of course. Hey, I'm an engineer and I'm as anal as anyone here. I just don't see where the alignment is important in this shot. What is your line of reference? The shore line? In a natural scene like this there is no reason to expect it to align to a true horizontal reference. Just my opinion.

HAHAHAHA you guys crack me up... Oh boy alright thanks for all the replys and wow did this post get some reply's bout it being a little off.. I might fix it I might not.. I don't care if anyone nit picks its fun... I like to learn what needs to be done... Thanks to the guys that posted about how to use tools in photoshop. I can figure it out in elements its not that much different. As far as the logo of my name its kinda more used as a copyright. I need to make a nice signature in photoshop that looks better. Thanks for all the reply's and CC... Glad everyone likes it.

The leveling didn't bother me before he said it, but now it does.:lol:

Nothing personal of course. Hey, I'm an engineer and I'm as anal as anyone here. I just don't see where the alignment is important in this shot. What is your line of reference? The shore line? In a natural scene like this there is no reason to expect it to align to a true horizontal reference. Just my opinion.

Slanted horizons are pretty distracting and really take away from the shot. Granted, people who look at photos a lot (like we do) tend to more blatantly notice it, but I've always felt it was one of those things where if it's wrong... even if you don't notice it, it WILL affect the shot.

Kind of like when you run around a house and clean all the baseboards. A lot of people wouldn't be able to identify exactly why, but the house would feel cleaner to people.

Beautiful shot, Brian. I admit I didn't notice the tilted horizon until it was pointed out, now I see it every time I look at the image.

In Photoshop Elements (5.0, anyway), go to Full Edit, then click on the Straighten Tool (the icon has a blue rectangle sitting atop a grey rectangle with a level black line betwixt them).

Then, Do one of the following to straighten the image:

• To align horizontally, draw a line in the image to represent the new straight horizontal edge.

• To align vertically, hold down Ctrl and draw a line to represent the new straight vertical edge.
Next, get that sucker printed and framed, hang it on the wall, and salute it. :salute:

Jon

Most reactions

Back