Canon internal compability

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I own a 50mm 1.4 and a Canon 400D, wich is the newer Xti and according to Canon(looked at that pdf), this lense isn´t compatible with the camera.

I dont seem to understand this..how could they say such thing? Also, i noticed that the camera isnt compatible/interchangeable with a lot of other, more professional Canon cameras. Is that also possible? it kinda threw me off, now that i see that they claim that the lense isnt compatible with my camera..could there be more mistakes like these? Weird..

Unfortunately, I can't read German but my guess is that your are confusing two different 50mm lenses made by Canon. There is an older "FD" mount 50mm f/1.4 that is ~not~ compatible with the newer cameras. There is also an "EF" or "EOS" mount Canon 50mm f/1.4 that IS compatible with your camera.

Unfortunately, I can't read German but my guess is that your are confusing two different 50mm lenses made by Canon. There is an older "FD" mount 50mm f/1.4 that is ~not~ compatible with the newer cameras. There is also an "EF" or "EOS" mount Canon 50mm f/1.4 that IS compatible with your camera.

Regardless of language, if you look at it you will see a simple chart on page 10 of the pdf to the right side. Also, there is only one 50mm 1.4 listed.

I own a 50mm 1.4 and a Canon 400D, wich is the newer Xti and according to Canon(looked at that pdf), this lense isn´t compatible with the camera.

I dont seem to understand this..how could they say such thing? Also, i noticed that the camera isnt compatible/interchangeable with a lot of other, more professional Canon cameras. Is that also possible? it kinda threw me off, now that i see that they claim that the lense isnt compatible with my camera..could there be more mistakes like these? Weird..

on page 11 there is nothing about lenses. however on page 10 there is a list of camera bags and their compatibility. apparently certain bags do not work well with all camera/lens combinations.

of course the EF 50mm f/1.4 is compatible with the camera ... all EF and EF-s lenses work with the XTi

Any EF or EF-S lens will work on the XTi. No exceptions. If the 50mm 1.8 you are looking at says EF or EF-S lens, it will work.

Indeed infact Page 11 pretty much says all EF and EF-S lenses are compatible with your camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back